Today's Random Word!

• Chris Morris-439714 (11/15/2010)

Torque. New longbow is ready for collection. 130#@32", hickory / satinwood / ipe.

Jealous

-- Kit

• Brandie Tarvin (11/15/2010)

Vacation.

Over, alas. Back to the desk now.

Sad...but welcome back.

Counting down.....5....days 'till my vacation starts. Can't wait.

• Kit G (11/15/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (11/15/2010)

Torque. New longbow is ready for collection. 130#@32", hickory / satinwood / ipe.

Jealous

You can play, Kit!

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• tired (up past my bedtime last night for no good reason) :doze:

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Chris Morris-439714 (11/15/2010)

Kit G (11/15/2010)

Jealous

You can play, Kit!

I would have to work up to that strong a bow. Been a long time since I did any archery. But I loved it in High School (and was good at it to boot). The only sport I actually excelled in.

-- Kit

• Kit G (11/15/2010)

Kit G (11/15/2010)

Jealous

You can play, Kit!

I would have to work up to that strong a bow. Been a long time since I did any archery. But I loved it in High School (and was good at it to boot). The only sport I actually excelled in.

I will too, in this cold weather. At 100C I can just draw my 120# selfyew but it's not a pretty sight. At 250C it's easy.

It's a skill which will stay with you always. Were you to check around you'd probably find that it's diversified since high school. Heck I'd better stop, it's bad enough being the longbow bore at work.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• I did archery (lousy archery) when I was a kid. Been thinking about getting back to it, but the local sports stores only carry hunting bows and I don't want to mail order a bow because I'll probably get the wrong one.

Wish there were a good store around these parts where I could find a nice normal short or long bow.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (11/15/2010)

I did archery (lousy archery) when I was a kid. Been thinking about getting back to it, but the local sports stores only carry hunting bows and I don't want to mail order a bow because I'll probably get the wrong one.

Wish there were a good store around these parts where I could find a nice normal short or long bow.

Smart move, Brandie. We do HAG's (have-a-go's) all around the south west of England, I'm sure the same events are hosted by local clubs in your area of the USA. There's no better way of picking a sport than trying 'em all.

• They carry longbows and recurves at places like Bass Pro Shops here in the US. They usually have an indoor range to shoot so I'm sure they'd let you try them out.

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• pressure

• Daniel Bowlin (11/16/2010)

pressure

ditto

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Daniel Bowlin (11/16/2010)

pressure

Force

Joe

• diamond

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• coal

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Grimethorpe Colliery Brass Band

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

Viewing 15 posts - 3,331 through 3,345 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply