Today's Random Word!

• Post-Holiday Blues.

Hrm. That's more than one word. ... Let me try that again.

WOTD: Morning?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• CyberMonday

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

• Blahs....

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• WOTD - R.I.P.

Leslie Nielsen - He was an extremely funny guy!

Joe

• Brandie Tarvin (11/29/2010)

Post-Holiday Blues.

Surely "Mourning" (for the end if the holiday)

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (11/29/2010)

Brandie Tarvin (11/29/2010)

Post-Holiday Blues.

Surely "Mourning" (for the end if the holiday)

HA! That's it exactly!

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Rain (in excesively large quantities)

Yesterday AEMET had the whole archipelago on red storm alert. Here we were lucky - we had a fair bit of rain overnight but only fairly light winds (up to about 45 kph) compared to other islands. The schools today are all closed, as the alert level was reduced too late to cancel the closure. The islands further west were hit quite hard (winds to 175kph) with a lot of property damage but as far as I know no fatalities.

Anyway, this afternoon it is RAINING - and it's cold (about 67ºF); Ann and I had been in the UK for 9 days, freezing our butts off and praying (in vain) for some sun, and got back here late Thursday looking forward to a few days of sunbathing.

Tom

• salt

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Tom.Thomson (11/29/2010)

and it's cold (about 67ºF); Ann and I had been in the UK for 9 days, freezing our butts off and praying (in vain) for some sun, and got back here late Thursday looking forward to a few days of sunbathing.

Where I come from, cold is defined as anything below 30ºF. Brisk is in the 31-40ºF range with slightly chilly being above that. Even in northeast Florida, 67 is cool, not cold.

Freezing is temps below 0ºF.

Admit it, Tom. You are spoiled... @=)

• Cold where I come from is below 0 F. It is shorts weather at >= 10 F.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (11/29/2010)

Cold where I come from is below 0 F. It is shorts weather at >= 10 F.

No, that temperature is "Shorts Weather for Guys". Although, why you guys think it is so macho to risk freezing the family jewels, I will never know. Women are more sensible about these things.

-- Kit

• Kit G (11/29/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (11/29/2010)

No, that temperature is "Shorts Weather for Guys". Although, why you guys think it is so macho to risk freezing the family jewels, I will never know. Women are more sensible about these things.

Wool, insulation, thermal packs - no chance of freezing.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (11/29/2010)

Kit G (11/29/2010)

That's cheating.

-- Kit

• Kit G (11/29/2010)

Kit G (11/29/2010)

That's cheating.

No that is called evolution!! 😎

Learn Extended Events

• Brandie Tarvin (11/29/2010)

Where I come from, cold is defined as anything below 30ºF. Brisk is in the 31-40ºF range with slightly chilly being above that. Even in northeast Florida, 67 is cool, not cold.

Freezing is temps below 0ºF.

Admit it, Tom. You are spoiled... @=)

Well, the freezing reference was to the UK, where it was mostly below 32ºF while we were there (using the pedantic Brit definition of freezing - after all, that's the freezing point of water).

I agree 67ºF is just cool when it's a calm sunny day without any serious wind. But when water is coming at you horizontally powered by force 6 winds that temperature feels cold.

But yes, I admit it. I am spoiled. After a life mostly in Britain I started spending time here about 15 years ago, bought a place over here about 6 years ago, spent more than a quarter of my time in Chennai for a couple of years and then spent more that a quarter of my time here for a couple of years, and have been here for most of the time since. And as a result of the last five years I now find 67ºF with a force 6 breeze and cold rain cold, not just cool; ten years ago I would probably have found it warm, or even hot, not just cool (the parts of the UK I lived in tend to have climate like Seattle or Vancouver).

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 3,391 through 3,405 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply