Transcation type Repliction

• I have 2 Database servers.

1 where all dataprocessing takes place.

After processing the data is to be replacated at the other server via internet.

I want the data of the master tables on the local server be replicated to the remote server by transaction type replication as the processing takes every five minutes.

I tried it as foll:

1.I created a distribution database at the Local server and addded the tablenames to the database which were to be replicated at the remote server.

2.I configured my server a publisher.

3.I pushed the subscription to the remote server.

I find no errors.But data is not being replicated. May be something is wrong which I can't trace.

Please help providing proper steps.

Girish.

• How you created the subscriber?

While creating subscriber in the "Initialize Subscription" Screen select "Initialize the schema and data at the subscriber. Then this will create procedures at subscriber end and creates the tables and tranfer all the data also. If you selects the option "No, the Subscriber all ready has the schema and data" this wont create procedures at the subscriber end, so it is not possible to replicate the data.

Thanks

Ram(DBA)

Chennai - India.

• If you want you can create the procedures and save at subscriber end. For creating procedures I will follow the following way. First create a dummy databse with the same structure like publisher in some test server and create another dummy database like subscriber database. Then do the replication between both dummy databases using transactional replication and select the option "Initialize the schema and data at the Subscriber end". This will create all the procedures at dummy subscriber end. Check all the procedures and copy the procedures to original Subscriber and start your replication.

Thanks

Ram(DBA)

Chennai - India

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply