UK Cultures

• I want to know UK people cultures. if i came to UK, then i will pick up your people culture easily. Say for example how to behave with man and women ?

karthik

• So that i can easily interact with peoples. Thats why i am asking.

karthik

• They don't drink coffee, they drink tea !!!!! They don't put ice when you order soda. If you want to order fish and fries, they call 'fish and chips'.

• Heh... speaking of "tea"... I once had a friend from the UK who thought folks in the US where a bit odd... here's his quote...

"I guess I don't understand Americans... take Tea, for example... first, they boil the water to make it hot... then, they add ice to make it cold... they add sugar to make it sweet and then lemon to make it sour... finally, they raise the glass up, say 'Here's to you", and then drink it themselves." πŸ˜€

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• It's too open-ended a question. You'll pick it up differently than everyone else.

As an American, I thought the UK was strange, but people were nice.

• Loner (11/24/2007)

They don't drink coffee, they drink tea !!!!!.

no no no .. cant survive without my own daily coffee fix

• Coffee in the morning, tea (hot with milk) in the afternoon! Oh, and doughnuts are not a breakfast food in England.:D

• Rootman (5/1/2008)

Coffee in the morning, tea (hot with milk) in the afternoon! Oh, and doughnuts are not a breakfast food in England.:D

no I beg to disagree, but real coffee all day every day

you eat doughnuts for breakfast ?????:)

• No, I'm English. But at a friends house in Texas, a large box of doughnuts was presented proudly to me and mine for breakfast. Needless to say the kids were thrilled, but...eurgghhh!

• hahahaha ok I've never visited the US but thats an interesting eye opener to cultural differences as far as breakfast go !!

• karthikeyan (11/22/2007)

I want to know UK people cultures. if i came to UK, then i will pick up your people culture easily. Say for example how to behave with man and women ?

The UK is the same as most Western cultures in the way we behave towards Men and Woman, in most organisations there is usually an even mix between the both, and everyone is treated as equals. Like a lot of countries we have laws to guarantee this.

It also depends on what part of the UK your are looking at, London is one of the most multi cultural cities in the world and you can hear 100's of different languages being spoken daily and depending where you live it may not present itself has having the typical British culture you see on tv:)

Where are you from?

• And note that the UK's favourite dish is Chicken tikka masala....

• a close second being pepperoni pizza..

• Now-a-days cultures are no barrier. As said you can eat Chicken Tikka Masala and be a good 'English Man'. With the world becomming so small cultures are getting mixed up. In India most of the people prefer english breakfast. πŸ˜‰

• karthikeyan (11/22/2007)

I want to know UK people cultures. if i came to UK, then i will pick up your people culture easily. Say for example how to behave with man and women ?

Same as anywhere else in the West. You can work, drink and play with both at the same time but you can only marry one at a time. Either one.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply