Unable to see any scheduled jobs in SQL Server

• Hi,

I can't see any jobs under my Windows login. When I click on any job, the "New Job" prompt just shows up. It happens regardless of what db server I am on. I have sysadmin access to all servers I am trying to get into. When I try another login, I can see the scheduled jobs. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ray

• Are you sure your windows login is a member of the sysadmin group?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Yes, it is.

Thanks.

• ps-

Something is probably wrong with my copy of SQL Server Management Studio on my laptop. I logged to another machine using my same id and I am able to get in. Is there some setting I can look at in my SQL Server?

• not sure...did u check if you have the sp 2 installed for 2005 and sp4 for 2000?...

• Where do I check this? I checked the SQL Server Help..About and I don't see anything that says this.

• you can find the TSQL command at MS website for 2005 it will show at the bottom when u open a query window...

• Oh, I see it now. Its 9.0 SP2.

Thanks!

• hmm...it rlly shdnt matter whether u r acessing the server from ur laptop or other machine bcoz i assume that your laptop will have only the client tools installed...i could be wrong..maybe Gila could help you out...i would check once again at the permissions for the login..

• If you click help - about in management studio, it'll show you the version of the client tools. What version do you have for management studio?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Heres all the information from Help..about

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.1399.00

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.1399.00

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2000.085.1132.00 (xpsp.080413-0852)

Microsoft MSXML 2.6 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.1433

Operating System 5.1.2600

• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.1399.00

Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.1399.00

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2000.085.1132.00 (xpsp.080413-0852)

Microsoft MSXML 2.6 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.1433

Operating System 5.1.2600

• u said that u are able to see the jobs when u try to login using other credential...so i dnt think it has to do anything with your SQL instance...you should ask u networking team regarding your windows login...and ..u are using SQL login to test other logins right?..

• You would have no access to the jobs that are running if you have logged on to the server using SSMSE which is a free download and doesnt allow you to view/schedule jobs through the agent.

Is this workstation yours?? is it the organization;s machine that you are working on?

Refer the features section :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365247.aspx

• I can login using my id going to another machine. So it seems something with copy of SQL Server.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply