Web URL in dataset results

• What can't you see?

• I can't see my replies. When I come to post a reply I can see them in red boxes, what does that mean?

• How would I be able to tell if there were any illegal hyperlinks?

• When I post this reply the list of messages (below this Message Formfield) has your (FullStack's) messages displayed with a red background. I don't think I've ever seen that before, and I have no idea what the significance is!, but maybe it is related to the point you made about seeing your own replies? Maybe they got "held" for moderation because they contains URLs?

• Kristen-173977 (9/17/2015)

When I post this reply the list of messages (below this Message Formfield) has your (FullStack's) messages displayed with a red background. I don't think I've ever seen that before, and I have no idea what the significance is!, but maybe it is related to the point you made about seeing your own replies? Maybe they got "held" for moderation because they contains URLs?

They don't contain any valid URL's, it's pretty much the same SQL statements and etc that we have been talking about.

• For grins, create a dummy table and just copy a bunch of tweet URLs, and see if they work. That's where I got them for my report. If that doesn't work, it may be something outside of SSRS.

• pietlinden (9/17/2015)

For grins, create a dummy table and just copy a bunch of tweet URLs, and see if they work. That's where I got them for my report. If that doesn't work, it may be something outside of SSRS.

I was able to use a production table for this. I inserted a few tweet URLs in and went to view the report, the URLs do work as hyperlinks. So what does this mean ?

• Are you parsing out the URLs from the rest of your text? SSRS wont just detect the URLs in the text box, and an action needs to be just a valid URL with no other gubbins in the text. I think this is the cause of the RS protocol issue, since your text starts with "TweetText:" it's trying to interpret it as a scheme like "mailto:".

This is what pietlinden's query was about above, checking the URLs are valid. I bet none of your actual tweet texts would go through that query as valid.

If you want "inline" highlighted links in the tweet text you'd need to look at the "HTML - Interpret HTML tags as styles" option on the Placeholder and find a way to wrap the links in <a href...></a> tags.

• Get me? (9/22/2015)

Are you parsing out the URLs from the rest of your text? SSRS wont just detect the URLs in the text box, and an action needs to be just a valid URL with no other gubbins in the text. I think this is the cause of the RS protocol issue, since your text starts with "TweetText:" it's trying to interpret it as a scheme like "mailto:".

This is what pietlinden's query was about above, checking the URLs are valid. I bet none of your actual tweet texts would go through that query as valid.

If you want "inline" highlighted links in the tweet text you'd need to look at the "HTML - Interpret HTML tags as styles" option on the Placeholder and find a way to wrap the links in <a href...></a> tags.

Is there anyway to parse out the URLs from the rest of the text? If so how would I go about doing that? Perhaps if they were in a different column then that could resolve this.

• Can you post a sample of what you're trying to parse out? Munge the data if necessary... Just helps to see what you're dealing with.

• This is one way of parsing out the tweets... it's not perfect, but it's closer than you are now.

DECLARE @TextString VARCHAR(1000) = 'got me a text file with tweets in it like this one http://t.co/R3ukfX6abd and then more text and then another one http://t.co/R3ukfX6abb and then some more text.';

SELECT *

FROM (

SELECT ds8k.Item

FROM SCRIDB.dbo.DelimitedSplit8K(@TextString,' ') ds8k ) x

WHERE x.Item LIKE 'http://%';

You need the code for DelimitedSplit8K to do this, which is here[/url].

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply