21500 Replication error

• Hi all,

after about 3 or so weeks of playing around with this issue, i am at my wits end with it. a recent search of google gave me no joy either.

The issue is to do with the Replication process and in particular the following error message.

Error 21500 - Invalid subscription type is specified, a subscription to publication XXX already exists in the database with a different subscription type.

Now for back story, The error only occurs in a program we built to manage the process for the end users.

The merge is still successful from EM, just not from the program, however the program has been working fine (same version) up until about 1 month ago.

anyone come across this? or any idea on where i should be looking for a solution?

i can post more info/code if needs be. the fact that i can do it via EM would point to a code problem but i dont understand how the prog could work one day and then not the next.

Thanks for any help you all can provide

Adam

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

• Ok so im an idiot but i do hope it helps anyone else out there..

I figured it out for at least my problem anyway and is as follows.

The problem is programmatic and i think it has only occurred since installing SP4 on SQL Server..

Essentially another flag/setting needed to be set in our program prior to the merge, the setting is as follows.

SQLObject.SubscriptionType = SQLMERGXLib.SUBSCRIPTION_TYPE.ANONYMOUS

Eg: the object must default to a named supscription type unless specified otherwise.

For me its one of those answers that helps to understand the error message better if that makes sense.

Thanks

Adam

------------------------------
    Life is far too important to be taken seriously

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply