5000 posts....new contest

• 'kay Steve (Jones) - here's something you must not have anticipated when first starting this site...all those encouraging labels of "newbie" - "rookie etc.. progressively heading to the motivational "enthusiast"...."veteran"..."ten centuries"..forgotten the exact sequence but everyone knows what I'm talking about...

At any rate, there're only a handful of members who've passed the 5000 mark - far as I know they're Frank, Steve & Antares with Steve & Antares having over 6000 posts...

Well today marks the day that our very own Resident Genius & Ubiquitous Spook joins the ranks of the mighty - a round of applause for Remi Gregoire! However, he's still being labelled "5000 posts"...

Let's help Steve out and provide him with tags to use for all those who manage to plow on ahead with the verve and velocity of RGR'us...

I have dibs on the first contribution(s) as I thought of this...

1) SSC hronic

2) SSC hampion

3) SSC oholic

4) SSC ommitted

5) SSC ertifiable

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• I'd throw "Ubiquitous Spook" in there .

• Change is the only constant of existance ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• You can use that as your contribution remi as my leitmotif (in case you didn't notice) is - SSC ...

ps: since you seem to be in no hurry to "give back" the name(s) I gave you, you may as well go the whole way and now use them completely & totally as your own! (Fridays always make me feel very magnanimous)

• forgot the other constant - Death...

• SCC reaper

SCC anopener

SCC adaver

SCC alipso

SCC undrum

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• Now you're starting to sound like George Castanza when he wants to name his unborn child all these funky names...

SSC hortle

SSC huckle

SSC hump

SSC razy

SSC ohort...

My vote for your list is tied between canopener and cadaver...

• death is not a constant, it is a state, a change in the state of existance ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• ceded...guess I was thinking about how the only "certainty in Life is Death"...

the "die has been cast"!!!!

• As remember from my youth, the only 'certainty-s' were: Death and Taxes.

Now the information age has added another 'certainty': The computer will crash !

• That's exactly the quote I was thinking of...(Mark Twain ??????)

one more certainty in this terrorist-driven world..."it is certain that they will attack again..we just don't know when!!!"

Yikes - too much talk of death, dying and destruction for a Friday..."let's kill the topic"!!!

• Google search mainly attributes it to Benjamin Franklin.  But I remember an old radio show and early TV guy who acted kinda hick, but always had quoteable lines like this.  Can't remember his name and not sure how to look it on the web. 

SCC rank

SCC ool

SCC rush

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• at 10k it should be

SCC Steve Jones Clone

love the tshirts btw...

• Hey GPF^.... did you really get the tshirts or is that some of your Friday evening sarcasm ?!?!

• I did at that. 

I needed them more tent size though.  I'm starting to have my own gravity in my old age.  Popcans and such circle around me in a nice orbit.

Now if they only had SCC pants I wouldn't get such strange stares at work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply