70-431 resources?

• I attended the SQl 2005 launch in San Francisco and today I remembered my Exan Voucher is about to expire!

I'd like to take the 70-431 Implementation and Maintenance exam.

Can anyone recommend any books or other resources to get me up to speed quick?

When the snows fall and the white winds blow,The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Attended a Boot Camp for 70-431, which was okay in terms of exam-related info.

As far as true product knowledge goes, the Solid Quality Learning text is pretty good.

There are also several self-test apps/sites that are good (MeasureUp, SelfTest, etc)

Good Luck

• Look for the following ISBN on amazon :-

0-7356-2271-X

or try this link :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MCTS-Training-Kit-Implementing-Maintaining/dp/073562271X/sr=11-1/qid=1164309017/ref=sr_11_1/202-7196014-9581409

I'm using that amongst other resources in prep for my exam.

Good Luck.

• I studied just out of books online and the pocket adin's guide. Was all I had.

It's not a hard exam.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Just received the book.  It looks pretty good.   I may also get the Transender Practice test.

Thanks for the advice.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow,The lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

• I'm also about to take the 70-431.

But is this exam actually considered valuable. I mean does the MCTS actually mean something, in the professional world?

Also why is there no MCDBA which includes SQL 2005.

I would like to get the MCDBA, but it seems kindof pointless to do a SQL 2000 qualification at this point.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

• The information in the book I bought says if you complete the 70-431, 70-443 and 70-444 exams you are certified as a database administrator.

• MS revamped their whole certification track. I like the new MCTS for DBA's. No more windows tests which means a lot of time and money saved

• I passed the exam.  It took about 3 hours.  The test was hard but fair.  Transender was a great help and the 70-431 training kit was also very useful. 

My only advice is read each question twice. 

• The 70-431 training kit is excellent (read it cover to cover)and also the MeasureUp practise exams are spot on.

But the days of a cram are gone i think. You need to know and understand your stuff. I found little gaps in my knowledge were being filled in as i studied. It was a satisfying exam to pass. And now looking at 70-443 and the 70-444.

• Brian is correct.  If you really know your stuff you will pass.   I think this test is much better than the SQL 7.0 exams I took a few years ago.

Good luck to all candidates.  I am beginning to prepare for the 443 exam.  Apparently it is a series of 5 long case studies with 10 questions each.

• Hi,

I am preparing for the 70-444 now. I have completed the 70-431.

Is it ok to do the 444 wihtout first doing the 70-443?

Thanks,

Minette

• yes, the order does not matter. BOL.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply