70-443 Question

• Hello,

I am currently trying to learn T-SQL to a good standard (I dont use it at work at the moment, but trying to get good for when I do) but I also want to start studying for the 443 exam. My question is how good do you have to be at T-SQL to take the 433 exam? How involved is T-SQL in the exam? I understand it may be awkward to say, but any feedback is appreciated as usual.

Regards,

D.

• It's all multiple choice, so you don't have to write syntax from memory, but you do need to be able to recognize what a statement is doing.

I believe you only get like 25% of the possible questions, and it's been awhile, but I don't think I had to go through too much T-SQL. I think there were some queries (like 4 as answers) and you had to pick the right one based on the question, but not too many of them.

• Steve Jones - Editor (12/17/2007)

It's all multiple choice, so you don't have to write syntax from memory, but you do need to be able to recognize what a statement is doing.

I believe you only get like 25% of the possible questions, and it's been awhile, but I don't think I had to go through too much T-SQL. I think there were some queries (like 4 as answers) and you had to pick the right one based on the question, but not too many of them.

I thought the 70-444 and 70-443 exams were case study exams since MS changed the new certification tracks? Or do you mean you read the case study and then answer say 10 questions (multi choice) based on that case study?

• hello,

Well, you get a number of scenarios, like a little background info, their plans etc, then you answer between 8-12 questions on each scenario, of which I am guessing is a standard 6 scenarios, thats what I got yesterday morning when I passed with 880/1000, hooray! The passing score in 700.

You can flick back and forth to the scenario quickly and easily anytime.

I used the MS training kit (really good) and transcenders in the week leading up to the exam.

All in all I would say that it was easier than 431 by quite a margin. And if I had known then, what I know now, Id have done 443 first, then 431.

Cheers everyone!

D.

• I did 443, then 444, then 441, then 431. 431 was the hardest to me.

Agree with the comments directly above as well.

• I did my 70-431 last March, the only one of the 2005 certs that ive done. I used the MS Training kit, Exam cram, and transcenders for that, as well as the measure up online exams which i got a free voucher for (they were good too but not as good as the transcenders). I passed that with a score of 911 which i was absolutely shocked about!

I am planning on doing the 70-444 exam in May/June time, but if its not going to be that hard then i may push to do it a bit earlier. I am currently waiting on the MS training book to come through the post, and glad to hear it will be a good study guide again. Will probably get the exam cram book nearer the time too.

• Hi,

Are there Exam Cram books for 70-443 & 70-442? I used the Exam Cram for 431 and passed with no trouble, it helps align your SQL knowledge with the question style.

Dan

• looks like 442 is published as from tomorrow

http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/welcome.jsp?source=rss&isbn=0789735903

but what about 443 & 444 which are need on top of 431 for the DBA qualification?

Dan

• I cant find any info on the exam crams for 443 and 444, ive just been looking as im planning to do my 70-444 in a few months. The examcram website is awful, it doesnt even recognise MCITP as an exam qualification. The search just comes up with nothing whatever you type in. If anyone hears about the books please post here.

• Hello,

I am preparing for my 70-443 examn and I went thourgh the Sutdy Kit and I took the practice exman question that came with the kit and I am passing the test.

Do you think I am ready for the examn or should I download more examn questions from Measureup.

Thanks

• Hello,

I am preparing for my 70-443 examn and I went thourgh the Sutdy Kit and I took the practice exman question that came with the kit and I am passing the test.

Do you think I am ready for the examn or should I download more examn questions from Measureup.

Thanks

• Farhad (7/25/2008)

Hello,

Thanks

if your passing the questions on the cd in the study kit then you should be ready. The transcenders for this exam are a lot more difficult than the exam itself IMO, although they do test the time element of the test very well indeed.

• If you feel you understand the material, give the test a try. You'll never know if you're ready until you do that. The real test is different than simulations, mostly because of nerves, but at some point you need to go for it.

Best of luck!

• Hi I am Planning to write 70-443 this week . does anybody have dump on this. if u have please send it to karthikeyan_thangaraju@ymail.com.

Thanks in advance.

• I'll be blunt (as usual)

The phrase 'dumps' usually refers to questions memorised from the exam and posted online in violation of the NDA on exams. If that's want you're asking for, be aware that it's cheating and if caught it can result in all of your certifications been revoked, permanently.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply