8152 error code

• I receive 8152 error code when I try to connect to my Sql Server 2000 server(standard edition) database. I have installed Service Pack 3, but the error still occurs. Can you help me with an advice?  How can I resolv this problem?

Thanks!

• Strange. 8152 = "String or binary data would be truncated," which suggests some sort of update failure to me (eg if you are trying to update a 20 character field with 30 characters of data).

When you say 'connect', what do you mean exactly? What are you connecting with - EM, QA, something else?

Regards

Phil

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Do you have set ansi warnings on ? If so, and you are 100% positive the data lenghts match i.e. char (20) into a char(20) field then set , then set ansii warnings off

hth

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply