A problem with MDAC version 2.8

• When I have installed on my client PC a new MDAC version 2.8, Query Analyzer starts at times reporting the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionRead (WrapperRead()).

Server: Msg 11, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

General network error. Check your network documentation

I suppose, that reason of this error is execution a little longer store procedures. This store procedures were worked without problem prior this new version of MDAC.

On ma server I have SQL2000 server with SP3 and MDAC version 2.71.9030.

Have anybody the same problem and know solution for it? I suppose, that this can be a bug in this new version.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Have you tried from a different machine to make sure it's not network load, server load, etc?

Andy

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/

• I am definitly sure, that I havn't a network error or SQL server error. When I was rollbacked MDAC to version 2.71.9030, this store procedure worked without problem.

The same error occurs when I have tested Windows 2003 server and I used it as workstation. When I have run Query Analyzer and have connected with it to another Windows 2000 server with SQL 2000, SP3, the same error have been happend with another bigger store procedure.

Anton

• I am getting the exact same behavior from an Access 97 workstation under XP to SWL 2000 SP3 under 2003 Server. The workstations are bombing out with the error 12-18 times a day. I am also running MDAC 2.80.1022.0. Any idea where I can get 2.71.9030 to try rollong it back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply