A single DTS package can cover multiple tables

• Hi

I want to create a single DTS package can cover multiple tables.

For ex:

I have table A, B and C. I want to create a DTS which will export into 3 delimeted text files

Can any one help on this

regards

s.v

• just write three separate tasks- each exporting to a separate file. If they don't have any dependencies, then just save the package, and let it rip?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Hi

How to create task in DTS package. So far i am creating single DTS package for each table.

thanks in advance

venkat

• The advice I'd offer depends on how you're creating the packages. Are you creating the packages with the Import/Export wizard or are you starting from scratch with the DTS Designer?

Greg

Greg

• Thanks for your response

I am creating using import/export wizard

It could be fine if you offered both way, i will try on those way

thanks in advance

s.v: :))

• Since I reread your original post found that you want to export to text files, I have to say that there's only one way modify a package to export multiple tables.

I'm assuming you have a package that exports one table. Open the package in DTS Designer and create a destination connection for each of the other two text files. Then create a Transform Data task for each of the tables you want to export between the SQL Server source connection and each of the destination connections.

To create the connections and tasks, either drag them from tool space on the left of designer or click on the appropriate item(Connection, Task) on the toolbar. See http://www.sqldts.com/ for examples.

Greg

Greg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply