A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server

• Hello guys, i have error: "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)"

I have it occurring at random times. Just can't pinpoint the reason.

With a same function get datatable (use .net code) from a same StoreProc, some time it's ok, some time it's get error.

If either of you have solved this it would be great to know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Does it happen with a specific stored procedure, or just in random places in the application?

Is the SQL Server instance local to your machine, or is on a different server?

To me it sounds like an intermittent network problem, like a flaky cable or something like that.

[font="Times New Roman"]Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se[/font]

• does your SQL code (that you haven't posted) use a linked server? if the linked server is being service packed or gets rebooted then this will occur

other than that erland  is correct whatever network connection from client to server is dipping out - check the windows log of BOTH client and server - it could be a problem at either end

easy way to tell - do multiple clients on different machines have the same problem? then it's the server

MVDBA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply