access 2003 to connect to SQL server 2000 database

• I am using access 2003 to connect to SQL server 2000 database. The switchboard is greyed out and I was wondering if there was a work around because I need to create a simple switchboard to display some reports ?

Thanks

• This being the SQL Server 2005 development board, and your question being about connecting Access to SQL Server 2000, you might want to post it in a different forum. Start with the Access forum.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Are you using Access as an adp file tied to a SQL server back end? If so, you have to create a switchboard table on SQL Server. That is where all data resides.

If you have an mdb file with odbc to sql server backend it should just work since the switchboard table would be in the front end mdb.

You would probably get better speed converting the mdb to an adp and copying/createing the switchboard table on SQL server.

• Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply