Access is denied

• As a thought, could you ask your domain controller manager to check their logs if the account got locked at the time the job failed?

Is it always the "backup" job that fails? Your second post (the one with the errors) shows a transaction log backup failure. Or is it intermittent as to what fails?

Do the logs on the remote server (where you are storing the backups) show anything interesting?

And another thought - are you using UNC paths for the folder share or drive letters? If you are using drive letters, I would try switching to UNC paths as it could be something related to that.

And my last thought - are the jobs that fail always writing to a remote server or do they fail when writing locally as well at times?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Hi all,

Appreciate this is a really old post but I have come across the same symptoms, SQL Server 2014 with log shipping being sent to a remote server which those logs are then restored onto the remote server's SQL Server 2014 instance. Like OP, the agent jobs for this fail randomly with 'Access Denied' with no logical explanation. For context, these jobs are scheduled to run every 15 minutes. Rather strangely, it may fail for one run but run fine for the next 12 hours or so.

I have verified with the infrastructure team that there have been no network outages and that disk space isn't limited. Did any of you ever get to the bottom of this?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply