Accessing Password enabled Excel report

• Hello All,

I am trying to access a bunch of excel files which are password enabled. The password is always the first 6 numbers of the file name.

Under normal circumstances i would just put them in a for each loop contained with a data flow task to read them, however is there a way i can get the file name, parse it and use it as a password for the excel files?

Any help is appreciated!

• I recommend you move this to one of the Integration Services forums, you will probably have better luck.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Forum364-1.aspx

• Thank You Daniel. I posted this here by mistake...multi tasking does not always work!

• No further replies to this thread please. Direct replies to:http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1106276-364-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks for the link. There should be a feature to be able to delete a post.

• chaudharyabhijit (5/10/2011)

Thanks for the link. There should be a feature to be able to delete a post.

There used to be. We had too many cases of people deleting their posts after having received lots of help, leaving the resulting thread meaningless.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/10/2011)

chaudharyabhijit (5/10/2011)

Thanks for the link. There should be a feature to be able to delete a post.

There used to be. We had too many cases of people deleting their posts after having received lots of help, leaving the resulting thread meaningless.

Ya but we can still edit the post to something meaningless anyways... not that much and an improvement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply