Accessing Remote Databse Server

• Our organization having SQL 2005 databse server which is hosted in datacenter. I am able to access the server by opening TCP port 1433 through our local SQL instance. If do so security problem will be arise. So without opening TCP port can i access my server? Please assist me.

• Are you opening TCP port on your local machine or on remote server? Is the 2005 instance you are trying to access is name instance or default one?

Manu

• I have opened TCP port on remote server and i am using default instance in my local machine as well as remote server.

• Why dont you try Remote Desktop to that server.

The_SQL_DBA
    MCTS

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

• Actually we have two servers in datacenter. One is for webserver and another one is for databse. Our webserver should access database from databse server. I have configred web.conf by adding IP and credentials. But webserver is only able to contact when the TCP port is opened. If i open this Port security problems may arise. How can i configure without openining the port.

• you could use IPSec to secure communication between the 2 machines

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Thank You, I will do that. Apart from IPSec is there any other solution?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply