Accessing RS From Client PC

• I'm having a problem where the users cannot see their folders is the report manager webpage.

I have RS setup on a server that is a domain controller.  In the active directory users & computers, I setup an organization unit called REPORTING.  In the REPORTING OU, I setup reporting groups and users.  I assigned the users to the appropriate group.  Then, I setup folders in the report manager webpage corresponding to the REPORTING groups.  I clicked on the properties for the folder and was able to add a new role associating the folder to the reporting group (giving the users browser role).  Everything seemed to work fine on the server.  But, when the user logs in from their PC, he/she has no folders in the report manager.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I think if you change the permissions on the Folder then all items beneath that folder do not automatically inherit the changes. You have to go to each report item and 'inherit' the permissions from the parent. Had a similar problem today and that seemed to do it.

Cheers,

Terry Pino

• I figured out what I was doing wrong.  I was assigning permissions to a new folder called Accounting within the Home folder.  I needed to add the permissions at the home folder as well for the user to see the accounting folder.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply