Accessing SQL personal Edition from Enterprise Manager

• Has anyone had to access files on someones SQL Personal Edition from SQL server management? I don't think it is possible but this is a bit of a crisis here. A former employee developed several production jobs off of his personal edition on his pc. We have not had any luck yet. Any ideas?

• What exactly are you trying to do? You can map the drive and access the files that way...

can you use sqlcmd to access the server?

sqlcmd -?

Please EXPAND on what it is you are trying to do...

...Michelle

• we found that a user had placed a database, dts scripts and sp's onto his pc to run production jobs. Attempting to add a new server registration with Enterprise Manager has failed. It cannot find the pc even via the ip address.

• Can you PING his PC or remote desktop to his PC to get the files? You could use the sp_attach_db proc to recover it...

Just trying to grasp for ideas here :+)...

• I will have to let our IT director ping it. This is at a remote site outside of my firewall and within a different firewall. I was thinking that what we may have to do is make his pc a server, and upgrade him to standard then do a copy to a proper server. Any ideas?

• Try sqlping and see if you can ping the server...is the PC in the SAME domain as the your server?

http://www.sqlsecurity.com/Tools/FreeTools/tabid/65/Default.aspx

...Michelle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply