Acess error

• I have an Acces Frotend with a DAO connection to the SQL backend.  I have 5 computers that shut down access when I try to access a certian form but can access about 90 percent of the rest of the forms.  I akso have 3 computers that run all the code perfectly and do not shutdown access and all the computers have the same frontend. Any Ideas?

• Is this in code or is it a data-bound form? If it's in code (either module or code behind controls) try opening the form in design mode, go to the code and set a breakpoint. Then switch to form mode. If you make it to the breakpoint you're ahead of the game. Now you can step through the code until you find where it's causing Access to shut down. It may take a few iterations to close in on the culprit but this should help.

• You say all the computers have the same front end, do you mean they all access a common front end from a network drive, or is it just each machine has a copy of the application, if it is the latter, I suggest you try taking a copy of one of the working front ends, and putting it onto one of the machines where it doesn't work and seeing if this fixes the problem, as I suspect that you may have some corruption in the files

• Also, something that bites me all the time, make sure that the linked tables all have a primary key.  Even if a primary key isn't required, Access acts kindof funny if you don't have one.  You select it when you link (if there isn't one in SQL).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply