add reporting services to existing cluster

• We set up SQL Server 2005 failover cluster, with 2 nodes, Windows 2003. I'm now trying to add Reporting Services to the cluster, but can't find documentation on how to.  Would this be cluster aware and need to be done at command prompt? Do I need to stop cluster servixces first? I tried this: start /wait c:\<my drive>\setup.exe /qb VS=<myvirtualservername> install=RS_Server

It started up and seemed to be running but didn't install anything. What else do I need to do?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• I don't think I added enough parameters, but am not sure what parameters to add for Reporting Services, I only can find the example for Analysis Services. Thanks!

• reporting services isn't cluster aware.  I would have thought you could simply pop the cd in run and re-run set-up to add the extra components on each physical server?

• I believe that is true - both reporting services and notification services are not cluster aware and need to be installed on both the nodes separately.

• I tried that but when I got to the screen to select what services to install, on the primary node server Reporting Services is greyed out so I can't select it.

Any ideas why, I can select it on the secondary node server but don't know if I should without getting it on the primary node too.

Thanks, again I really appreciate the help.

• I've run into this before, you may need to install ASP.NET

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply