Adding serial numbers to rows in Report builder

• Hi all,

It's been quite sometime that i have been working on reports using report builder, iam not able to figure out as of how to add a serial number to every row in a report using report builder, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

lekha

• Use RowNumber(Nothing)

Ramu
    No Dream Is Too Big....!

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created a report with a set of fields dragged and dropped from the entity field set, i want to add an extra column just to display the serial number, iam not able to do this since the builder does not allow me to add a column which does not belong to the entity. Hence, if i have to add rownumber() function in the formula field to a new column which is not a field in the entity field set , how do i do it? coz, there is no function called rownumber() in the functions tab in report builder.

• Right click on the row you want to add the serial then Expression ---> Common Function (on the left) ---> Miscellaneous ---> Then Double click on RowNumber

and write (nothing)

Regards

• Hi,

The expression function is for report designer, but how do i add it for a report builder, this has a predefined set of functions where rownumber() is not a part of it, so is there any other option?

• Sorry, i don't know

• Thanks for your answer. It's working.

• Thanks a ton for your answer. its working. Altho, Ronumber(Nothing) can only be used as an expression, we cannot use this for the interactive sort. Any idea?

• If you're using SQL Server 2005 or later, using the ROW_NUMBER() function as an extra column in your SQL query would let you use the number in Report Builder as well as in an Interactive Sort expression.

• Hello I have same problem about sr no. Please tell me the solution which u got

🙂

• Hi, s.lekha.

As I know, you can have a try of RAQ Report. Using it, you can add serial numbers to rows in report with easy operations.

1. Set Report style as Row report and set Input type as Input Report. As shown below:

2. Write starting value expression and define rules for steady increment or decrement. As shown below:

Then, the report will be shown as below:

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply