ADO doesnt connect without network

• Hi!

I wrote an application which connects to a SQL Server / MSDE 2000 DB through ADO components. Now the application doesn't start if I don't have an active network connection; as far as I try to connect, the error I get is:

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).].........

Everything is ok if I simply plug the network cable and let the PC connect to the TCP/IP network.

Of course the DB is located on the same PC than the application!

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks

Umberto

• Have you tried using a loopback connector?

• Finally I solved my problem replacing

Data Source=127.0.0.1

with:

Data Source=(local)

inside the ADO Connection String.

I'm not sure, but I think this problem started after the installation of Service Pack 2 on Windows XP...

Thanks

Umberto

• Could be if you didn't turn of the firewall feature or at least allow SQL connections after installing SP 2. Most likely is the case as (local) code be use the shared memory method without checking for network connectivity. I heard of SQL getting blocked by the firewall after install but turning the firewall off usually fixed ot you could change the permission for SQL on the firewall but I am not sure the steps as I just turned off.

• I tried to disable the firewall, but it did not work the same!

• Then not sure what it may have done. Check your network drivers and make sure you have file and print sharing still enabled would be the only other potnetial thing I have seen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply