AdventureWorks performace testing

• Hi All.

As mentioned above, I would like to know if I can use the adventureworks database to performance test a virtualised SQL2005 server. I have read about DBhammer but is there something similar that would work for adventureworks?

Many thanks

Tom

• I guess it depends on the tests you're trying to do. What performance testing are you looking at doing?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I/O data throughput, bottleneck diagnosis/detection, performance impact on host hardware and the various resourse allocation options using VMWare's EXS server. Plus others...

Tom

• You could build your own test system for that kind of thing, and it certainly could use AdventureWorks, but you're almost certainly better off getting something rather than building it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I bet you can run SQLIOSIM on that host and get what you're looking for...

• I could really script something to insert and update data etc but I'd be learning on the job and I probabaly couldnt really justify the time.

I know all about SQLIOSIM (having googled it...) so will have a play around with that.

Many thanks guys,

Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply