After reboot, SQL Sever automatically runs DBCC CHECKDB

• We have SQL Server Enterprise 2008 (64bit) that runs on 64-bit server with Windows 2003 Server R2 (64bit).

I noticed that when the server is rebooted, it automatically runs DBCC CHECKDB. Is there a place I can disable it ?

Thanks

• Is there a specific reason you want to disable it?

• jimmycjen (9/8/2009)

I noticed that when the server is rebooted, it automatically runs DBCC CHECKDB. Is there a place I can disable it?

It's not running CheckDB. All SQL's doing is adding a line into the error log saying, for each database it brings online, when checkDB last completed successfully for that database.

From the error log of my SQL 2008 server this morning.

Date: 2009/09/08 12:48:22

Message: CHECKDB for database 'Testing' finished without errors on 2008-12-22 10:20:06.007 (local time). This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

So, SQL brought the database named Testing online today and noted that CheckDB last ran successfully on that DB in december last year.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • This is a production server and we have very large databases there. Having automatic DBCC CHECKDB enabled will slow down the server significantly.

• Thank you Gail. I really appreciate your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply