Agent Account Versus Linked Server Account permissions

• Hi, i require some help in understanding on how to set a job up for a stored procedure to run and execute on another server. I have created an account for the linked server (LSAdmin ). The LSAdmin account has different permissions on the two servers depending on what databases it requires mapping to and what specific permissions it should have per database.

Basically the stored procedure will be extracting data from db1.serverA and then dropping and recreating a table in db2.serverB. I am not sure if i understand that out of the two accounts (agent acc and linked server acc), which account requires execute permissions on the receiving server.

I hope this makes sense!:unsure:

• what errors are you getting?

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• Hi thanks for your post, i havent got that far yet. I was hoping to understand which account it was that would ultimately carry out the execution of the task on the table in the receiving server. If i am using my console running the execute query from server A to Server B i assume it is using the linked server acount (LSAdmin) that is actually carrying this task out. However when i begin to schedule this as a job, will the job owner or the sql agent account require specific permissions also.

Once again thanks!

• You can configure the linked server to use several different security methodologies depending upon what you need.

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply