Alert Message - popup window

• Is there any way to create an instant alert and/or popup window when a certain record is deleted.

I have a trigger that fires whenever a record is deleted and it logs some pertinent info in a table.

I would like to create a Popup window or some sought of alert message letting the user know that they are deleting a record. I am not sure if this can be accomplished without programming.

• You would need to mofiy the application that is used to delete the row. E.g. query the log table you mentioned.

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• nfpacct (3/2/2012)

Is there any way to create an instant alert and/or popup window when a certain record is deleted.

I have a trigger that fires whenever a record is deleted and it logs some pertinent info in a table.

I would like to create a Popup window or some sought of alert message letting the user know that they are deleting a record. I am not sure if this can be accomplished without programming.

SQL Server doesn't have MesasgeBox type things as .Net. Therefore, you need to do it with the programming language only.

SQL Server can inform you through the mail once the operation is done but it won't be able to show popup warning to user before deleting the record.

Sujeet Singh

• carmellabanker (3/5/2012)

To View Of Google Point Popup Is Not Good Thing Right Or Wrong ???

Mobile application development | Mobile apps development

???

Sujeet Singh

• Divine Flame (3/5/2012)

???

It's a spam bot. Reported

• Whats Spam ???

• TIP

If you want to keep a Desktop Alert visible so that you can take more time to read it, rest the pointer on the alert before it fades from view.

To turn on or off Desktop Alerts, do the following:

Click the File tab.

Click Options.

Click Mail.

Under Message arrival, select or clear the Display a Desktop Alert check box.

NOTE

To suppress other notifications such as playing sounds, changing the mouse pointer, or displaying an envelope icon in the taskbar, clear the respective check boxes for those functions.

• Here is a really good look at one kind of SPAM[/url]

😛

______________________________________________________________________________Never argue with an idiot; Theyll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• MyDoggieJessie (3/6/2012)

Here is a really good look at one kind of SPAM[/url]

😛

Mmm..... SPAM...

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

• carmellabanker (3/6/2012)

TIP

If you want to keep a Desktop Alert visible so that you can take more time to read it, rest the pointer on the alert before it fades from view.

To turn on or off Desktop Alerts, do the following:

Click the File tab.

Click Options.

Click Mail.

Under Message arrival, select or clear the Display a Desktop Alert check box.

NOTE

To suppress other notifications such as playing sounds, changing the mouse pointer, or displaying an envelope icon in the taskbar, clear the respective check boxes for those functions.

Sorry... What are you talking about?

Jared
    CE - Microsoft

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply