All character from column not getting! Any setting should i change?

• Hello friends,

I got some problem...

I have table like

CREATE TABLE publishers

(

Name char(4) NOT NULL,

ID varchar(40) NULL,

City varchar(20) NULL,

State char(2) NULL,

Comments varchar(3000) NOT NULL

)

I have some store procedure which put xml files and put that into this sql table, now problem i am facing here is that all the character from comments column i am not getting , I already increase the width of that column from varchar(1000 ) to varchar(3000)

Two days before i am getting well results i.e. all the character from this perticular field(comments) and seeing that result, character in that field was just 800 to 850 approx.But now why I am getting like that??? One thing is sure the character which is coming from XML file is not more than 850.Then is there any setting should i change or by mistake changed??

Please Help me out!

T.I.A

Shashank

Regards,

Papillon

• you may need to use a text datatype for the column to accomodate for large inputs.

regards,

Mark Baekdal

http://www.dbghost.com

http://www.innovartis.co.uk

+44 (0)208 241 1762

Build, Comparison and Synchronization from Source Control = Database change management for SQL Server

• I agree with Mark if it is a large field, but 850 characters is not a large field. I suspect there may be some kind of hidden or special character in the field that is causing the problem. I have an import which uses a text file with one of the fields being a comment area, and it sometimes contains things like CR's and tabs. It was acting just like Shashank's problem. I have to groom the field to only pass 0-9 and a-Z.

Hope this helps!

Shalom!,

Michael Lee

• Hey!!!

Thanks a lot that helped me!!!!

Shashank

Regards,

Papillon

• Hello friends

i got answer for my question only

I have to change some setting for that

in Q.A. we have various tab like file, edit,query,tool...

in tools we have mwnu like object browser,object search,option

in options we have tab like general,editor,resuts..

in results we have to set maximum character per column : ....(by default it is 256 characters)

shashank

Regards,

Papillon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply