ALL data files are missing

• I had a RAID failure, which wiped out my whole data disk. I am now missing all my data files, including master, etc, from my server. No backups yet, of course. Fortunately, this is a startup system, so there is nothing but some experimental DBs installed. Is there a way to recreate all the system DBs? I tried a re-install, but because I have all the modules installed, it wouldn't go any further. I wanted to ask y'all before I go through the blood, sweat and tears of uninstalling SQL Server and starting from scratch.

Shalom!,

Michael Lee

• From BOL:

start /wait <CD or DVD Drive>\setup.exe /qn INSTANCENAME=<InstanceName> REINSTALL=SQL_Engine REBUILDDATABASE=1 SAPWD=<NewStrongPassword>

That sounds like it should do the trick...  From within BOL you can use the following link to get more information

ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/instsql9/html/df40c888-691c-4962-a420-78a57852364d.htm

/*****************

If most people are not willing to see the difficulty, this is mainly because, consciously or unconsciously, they assume that it will be they who will settle these questions for the others, and because they are convinced of their own capacity to do this. -Friedrich August von Hayek

*****************/

• I bow to your superb intellect! Thank you! It worked!

Shalom!,

Michael Lee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply