Alternating color for Matrix rows

• Hi all,

I'm aware of this useful article for alternating row color in a table:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bknight/reportingservicesconditionalformatting.asp

As explained in the article I'm using expression =iif(RowNumber(Nothing) Mod 2, "WhiteSmoke", "White") for backgroundcolor, but getting following compilation error for matrix data cells:

The background color expression for the textbox ‘textbox4’ has a scope parameter that is not valid for RunningValue, RowNumber or Previous. The scope parameter must be set to a string constant that is equal to the name of a containing group within the matrix ‘matrix1’.

• Instead of 'Nothing' in the RowNumber function put the name of the group in the matrix as the error msg tell u...

• I did try putting in the matrix group name (and for that matter all possible names incl. dataset, rowgroup, colgroup etc) but it is producing weird pattern of results like 3-4 rows with one color and an odd cell with different color in a row.

• Did you find a solution to this? I'm having similiar issues. I have it doing the RowNum on a data grouping, but I can't discern any pattern to it's results.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply