alwayson question?

• Hi,

Regarding MultiSubNetFailover keyword.

AG setup configured in local datacenter with single virtual IP in AG listener.

Does it require to add AG Keyword MultiSubNetFailover at application string side? if not mention that keyword application will get automatic failover or not? Is it mandatory at application side?

Thanks

• Hello,

I believe, if I understand your setup correctly, that parameter wouldn't be needed.

If you had two different locations, site A and site B, the listener would have an IP address from both (now it's multisubnet) and that parameter could be used, it would cause an application to attempt each IP address rather than one at a time.

You can also configure the listener to present and use only one of the IP addresses, rather than all of them.

Since you only have one IP address on the listener, and one location, I don't think you need to worry about that parameter.

Also to note, some older applications can't use that feature, Multisubnet, so make sure you're reviewing with the Development teams/vendor if the application can have that parameter added.

• Hi jigging.tech, Thanks for reply..

One of the OLTP database recently configured AG setup in SITE A (Primary datacenter). the same database will going to extent for DR setup at SITE B (remote datacenter).

As of now this AG setup is two node only in site A and mentioned that parameter multisubnet keyword in application side, so it is working application with parameter.

As my understand from your reply - not required that parameter at application side if AG setup in site A (primary datacenter) as well as same subnet and listener have one IP address.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply