Analysis Services

• Hi All,

I need help in Analysis services, I am working on SQL SERVER 2005 Reporting Services , I want to generate a Report that require data from two Cubes , but i do'nt know exactly how to do it .

What i am doing after selecting first Cube i am draging some required data after the when i swith to other Cube previously selected get remove automatically.like for example :

Suppose i have two Cubes :

a).Employee

b).Revenue

I need data from both Cubes to generate the report, After making data set suppose i select Employee Cube and drag some relevent data after when for rest of data i switch to Revenve Cube to get rest of data previously selected data from Employee Cube get removed automatically .

Thanks & Regards

Alok

• Not really understanding the issue completely and the steps that you are doing to get at your end result. Could you try and clarify this a bit. You can include multiple data sets in your reports, so I don't see an issue there. You can also use the LookupCube function to query against a different cube if needed in MDX.

If you can try and layout the steps that you are taking and the end result that you are expecting maybe this would help. As far as using multiple data sets from two different sources there is no limit for that, so you are fine there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan English - http://denglishbi.wordpress.com

• Hi,

Thanks to reply . Basically the problem i am fascing is that below the drop down menu of data set there is one eclips where my all cubes are located under database at a time i can select only one Cubes .

Suppose i select Employee Cube after draging the relevent field from this Cubes , I need some field from Finance Cubes to complete this report .

After that when i switch to finance Cube(that i select from eclips) all selected field from Employee Cube automatically removed which i had selected .

Thanks

Alok

• Create two data sources and a data set from each to complete the report or look at using the LookupCube function to retrieve the data from the other cube. If for some reason that is not going to work for you then you might want to start looking at possibly combining the information and performing some data mart consolidation setting up perspectives for your users to reference. Obviously the last option is maybe going to take some more time depending on how the security is setup or where you are at in your project and the references being made.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan English - http://denglishbi.wordpress.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply