Analysis Services BOF/EOF error

• We have a problem with Analysis Services that only happens when the cube is refreshed by a scheduled job from DTS. If the cube is refreshed manually from Analysis Manager, users can access the data fine. If the cube is refreshed from DTS, OLAPAdministrators can view the data fine, but non-administrators (i.e. just about everyone) get an error that says the following:

<<

The PivotTable List "<List Name>" could not connect to the data source "<Cube Name>". For more information about the data source, consult the creator of the file.

0x800a0bcd: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

>>

I have ensured that 'Execute on main package thread' is checked on my Analysis Services processing task in DTS, so that's not the problem. I have considered the fact that security may have something to do with it because the problem doesn't affect admins, however the security works just fine if the cubes are refreshed manually.

In addition, after this problem occurs, the next time I try to manually refresh the cubes, I get this error:

<<

Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another

>>

If I ignore the error and reprocess, it works fine.

Has anyone else run across a similar problem?

Thanks,

Doug

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• What version and service pack are you running? We found out recently the SQL2k SP3 service pack for Analysis Services causes problems when accessing the cubes. I don't have a lot more detail than that, some consultants that work for us discovered this. Microsoft is currently working on the problem.

• Have you checked that your OLAP Repository database is ok. I sometimes find that mine loses its data from the server table and that can cause weird OLAP errors. A bit vague I'm afraid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply