Anyone knows "developer" version of sql 2005 ?

• For those who would like to know where to order SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition ...

SQL Server 2005 Media

MSDN Subscription: If you have access to an MSDN subscription, you can download SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition.

Order SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition: You can order a copy of Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition 2005 Win32 X64/IA64 English CD/DVD for $49.95 (U.S. Dollars) Item: E32-00575 here: http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=f544888c-2638-48ed-9f0f-d814e8b93ca0&type=ovr

Hope This Helps,

"Key"
    MCITP: DBA, MCSE, MCTS: SQL 2005, OCP

• Damon Wilson (3/19/2008)

For those who would like to know where to order SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition ...

SQL Server 2005 Media

MSDN Subscription: If you have access to an MSDN subscription, you can download SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition.

Order SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition: You can order a copy of Microsoft SQL Server Developer Edition 2005 Win32 X64/IA64 English CD/DVD for $49.95 (U.S. Dollars) Item: E32-00575 here: http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=f544888c-2638-48ed-9f0f-d814e8b93ca0&type=ovr

Hope This Helps,

Thanks a lot Wilson. I already ordered it from a local store: 60 bucks, transportation and VAT not included.

• Suji (3/19/2008)

Developer Edition is as good as enterprise, i use that in my complany, only draw back is that you cant use snapshot in 2005

Suji -

What can you not do? I'm pretty sure there's no limitation on Developer...

Just curious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Jeff, your answer was funny. I knew it was a joke. On a more serious note, if they CAN use the Developer version, they might see a few things they like and find the money in the budget to get Enterprise. Just a thought.

• Thanks... lots of folks don't know when I'm joking or not...

On the serious side, the really neat thing about the Developer's edition is that every developer can have it on their desktop whether it's a Windows Server or not. If they understand that it can do a lot more than the standard edition, it gives them the chance to experiment and do things like use the index tuning wizared to discover more index tuning "opportunities" and to do a whole bunch of what-if'ing. Sure, a developement server is the berries especially if the developers can have SA privs and a good amount of production data is available for performance testing... but there's nothing like having your own SQL Server to play in... you don't have to worry about locking anyone else up and you can really go to town on experiments because you know that you can really break anything.

The last shop I was the dev manager in, we made sure that every developer had that ability.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply