appending info from one field/table to another.

• This may be an easy question... but I have tried to upsize a access dbase to sql server, and it did not convert an OLE field 'photo'  properly.  ive gotten the primary key 'recordnumber' and 'photo' fields from the access db into  a new table and I need to append all the 'photo' info back into the original 'subject' table.  Ive tried dts, append queries but I keep getting errors.

anyone have any ideas....

Timothy

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• which version of Access you use ? I recommend you to use Access XP (2002) to upsize your DB to SQL Server .. it solved many problems shown with Access 2000.

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

• Also, how about details of the errors you've received when using DTS & TSQL.

Greg

Greg

• i used access xp, and It doesnt upsize all my information. just some in some tables. the images are upsized as binary.  I wish enterprise mgr had a deal like mysql front end that has a built in blob viewer so I could be sure it transferred correctly.

when I try to go the dts route it says I dont have access to the data. Ive got user level security and i posted my name and password. I made it on that computer so I have access and availability.

I had to export all the data to excel then import it back into sql.  and Yes I tried to make a new unprotected database with the same data...still no luck.

Also, what is the syntax to take all the info from a certain field and place it in another table?? (trying to re do the schema to make it work better)

thanks again

• by the way .. why yo save the image in DB ?.. 

it is best to save image to files on a certain folder(with ImageRecordPK.JPG as an example) and show it in your application when you want it.

if you want to deal with dts .. there is a wonderful site that can help you ... it is  

http://www.sqldts.com/

i hope this help u

Alamir Mohamed
    Alamir_mohamed@yahoo.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply