Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Geeeeesh, talk about bad questions??? What about bad replies... the ones that have nothing to do with the question and a lot of people may have subscribed to to actually read the replies to the question... not get a play by play of people's personal lives 🙂 🙂

I got like 20 notifications on my BB and when I come to read the replies I see personal conversations

• Wow, that's quite an abrupt statement. Especially with the signature!

• Not meant to be abrupt (did you see my smilies?). Just thought it was funny (almost ironic) to post all those replies in this topic.

I don't see a signature you're talking about? or was it my grasshopper?

• hfxDBA (5/13/2010)

Geeeeesh, talk about bad questions??? What about bad replies... the ones that have nothing to do with the question and a lot of people may have subscribed to to actually read the replies to the question... not get a play by play of people's personal lives 🙂 🙂

I got like 20 notifications on my BB and when I come to read the replies I see personal conversations

Are you referring to this thread? Because if you are, you should glance at the post count, and realize that this has become a "water cooler" type of thread, that drifts from topic to topic, but is also a place for those helping others to point out where help is needed.

If you want to see replies to the original question, try reading from the start of the thread, not 15,000 posts into it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• hfxDBA (5/13/2010)

Not meant to be abrupt (did you see my smilies?). Just thought it was funny (almost ironic) to post all those replies in this topic.

I don't see a signature you're talking about? or was it my grasshopper?

I was responding to Gianluca, not you. Sorry, our posts crossed.

• before I get jumped on some more... sorry didn't mean to ruffle feathers (my smilies didn't work their magic like I had thought). I will unsubscribe and move on.

• Steve, I suppose you noticed that my previous "ouch" had a link to another thread...

-- Gianluca Sartori

• I still need you guys... thread is almost 1 day old and no help so far (no offense to Bhuvnesh who gave it a shot).

Backup log succesful in 28 secs, but job is not complete after 4H40

• hfxDBA (5/13/2010)

before I get jumped on some more... sorry didn't mean to ruffle feathers (my smilies didn't work their magic like I had thought). I will unsubscribe and move on.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply ruffled feathers, it was actually a serious suggestion, that topic was covered pretty thoroughly, but it's in random places within The Thread. Easiest to find is from the start. You're welcome in The Thread anytime.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Gianluca,

Sorry, didn't see it. This thread sometimes grows too fast to keep up with. I just saw the last one with Celko in it.

• I think Celko does nothing to be pleasant, but Peter's reply is terrific.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/12/2010)

Alvin beat me back over here. He answered me in email and said that his wife was working two jobs so he could hang out and drink mint juleps on the lawn

I live on the 13th floor of an apartment build. I don't have a lawn, just a balcony. 😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I can picture it now, Alvin, on a low lawn chair, his butt 3" off the balcony, flip flops, bottle of rum, a few strawberries, and a blender on the cement next to him, watching all the other slobs driving off to work at 8am...

:-D:w00t:

Two days in a row, Alvin, did you get laid off? :hehe:

• Steve Jones - Editor (5/13/2010)

I can picture it now, Alvin, on a low lawn chair, his butt 3" off the balcony, flip flops, bottle of rum, a few strawberries, and a blender on the cement next to him, watching all the other slobs driving off to work at 8am...

:-D:w00t:

Two days in a row, Alvin, did you get laid off? :hehe:

Flip flops? Why bother with those. You left out the part about the pool being directly below my balcony. 😀

Not laid off, just making sure you guys don't forget me. 😛

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I did leave out the pool. I was thinking that your feet were in the blue, plastic, 6" wading pool sitting in front of you. Or did you get the entire chair in the pool?

Viewing 15 posts - 15,256 through 15,270 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply