Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bob Hovious (2/20/2009)

Muad'dib was the name the Fremen had for the desert rat.

Sorry, not to put too finer a point on it but it was "the little mouse that jumps".

Max

Muad'dib was the name the Fremen had for the desert rat. Paul Atreides was also known as Usul (the pillar) among the Fremen. Frankly, I didn't care for the movie, but the book and the mini-series on the Sci-Fi channel were both great.

Now for the Butlerian Jihad......

Oh and Lynn..... thanks for asking politely, I might otherwise have considered this to be a rude question. 😉

Question, if I may, why did you put this in your signature block:

Please help me ....please help me to solve this issue expert. -- JosephTran2002

To answer: It's actually a direct quote lifted from one of his posts and it amuses me.

Well, just so that you know, I wasn't trying to be rude. I was actually interested in the why. Thanks.

• Bonus points to Max!

Lynn, I was just kidding around. The "rude" reference was to the second quote in my list and was intended as a joke. My sense of humor is somewhat twisted at times, as are my thought processes.

And now, it's 5:00 SOMEWHERE.

Y'all have a good weekend!!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Lynn Pettis (2/20/2009)

Alvin Ramard (2/20/2009)

David Webb (2/20/2009)

All-night, drunken D&D at the next PASS?

I'd have to show up for that. I might not live through it, but what the hey...

Is that before, after, or during, the interview sessions?

Yes.

I haven't played in eons, but I'd be up for it.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

I'd say you were in high school between 1974 and 1977. Am I close?

Even worse 🙁

I graduated high school in 74. I played briefly in one D&D campaign but worked two jobs in college and played a lot of chess and poker to supplement my income. So I really didn't have enough time, and I worried that I could become an addict.

I got back into gaming for a couple of years when my son was in junior high and discovered MAGIC, the Gathering, which was an absolutely brilliant game for people who enjoy building and working with complex systems. (Tap 2 Plains and sacrifice Holy Pork Chop of Antioch, targeting ID10T)

I used to play MtG quite a lot. In fact, I was in the first Pro-Tour in NYC (finished around 30th out of 250 with a record of 6-2-0).

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Not only is thread going, I can't keep up.

D&D player here, long time ago, using paper and dice 🙂

No AARP yet, and I should have a couple years when the kids get out of the house before I get one.

• finished around 30th out of 250 with a record of 6-2-0

Well I'm impressed!!

Barry, please tell me you weren't playing a creatureless blue deck or something jank like that?

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Nah, I was playing a White-Blue Wrath of God/Blinking Spirit with counters deck. It was OK for the time (very weird format) but is was too slow.

[/font]

• FBI1971US@yahoo.com

This is the email address listed by our man Joe in his first-ever post. Use it at your own risk 😉

• Barry: Wrath of God and Blinkies... an evil combination for a white deck. I remember a thread somewhere that was titled BLINKING @#$&ing SPIRITS DIE DIE DIE. The whole thread started as an inquiry into how to best kill off Blinking Spirits. At one point someone proposed cornering the market and burning them all, but sadly concluded that WOTC would just print more.

Remembering MTG has just reminded me of one of my all time favorite quotes. When discussing the relative merits of MTG cards and combinations, someone mentioned "Shrink". Someone else immediately responded "Shrink is in my crap box." This delighted his girlfriend, because she actually understood what it meant, but most ordinary people would never know it was a coherent statement.

My wife and I still say it to each other whenever one of us starts using specialized terminology that the other is unfamiliar with. And so... quote number 4 below....

Venting is always good.

Then why are so many shocked at a "lift your leg and let it rip" fart in public? 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• I pay them no mind. It's always good for ME 😉

It's Friday night and we're online. We have GOT to get lives, Jeff.

I pay them no mind. It's always good for ME 😉

It's Friday night and we're online. We have GOT to get lives, Jeff.

Heh... yeah... I gotta look that word up in the dictionary, first... dunno what it means anymore. Still, it keeps me out of trouble. 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• I'm at an AFA v Holy Cross Hockey game (4 - 1 AFA after 2 periods) and reading this thread on my BlackBerry. Talk about needing to get a life!

• Hey, Eron The Relentless, I haven't seem him in a long time!

[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 1,711 through 1,725 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply