Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Brandie Tarvin (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

What other Threadizins are participating in the DBA in Space contest? Looking for launch buddies!

That's my plan for this afternoon is to get signed up and catch up on the contest.

Except the videos aren't loading. Did I already miss the entry phase?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• SQLRNNR (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

What other Threadizins are participating in the DBA in Space contest? Looking for launch buddies!

So does that mean you are in the front running?

I have no idea. It looks like I am still in the running, just need to answer the last question and do what eveer else needs to be done.

Be cool to at least get a t-shirt from the deal, though.

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

That's my plan for this afternoon is to get signed up and catch up on the contest.

I had thought about entering the contest. It would be fun. I don't think it is too feasible for me. Too much to do.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/11/2011)

GilaMonster (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

Can't. *sniff*

Can't even win a t-shirt. :crying:

+1. Just because Quebec wants to be "unique". All contests like this are prety much auto-banned because the contest owner doesn't want to waste time translating everything to french!

No silly laws like that here. Just too complex to check all country's laws, so we're excluded.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (11/11/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/11/2011)

GilaMonster (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

Can't. *sniff*

Can't even win a t-shirt. :crying:

+1. Just because Quebec wants to be "unique". All contests like this are prety much auto-banned because the contest owner doesn't want to waste time translating everything to french!

No silly laws like that here. Just too complex to check all country's laws, so we're excluded.

Similar problem than mine. The law is simple. Translate everything to french. But that implies lawyers and a bunch of other ressources. So it's much easier to say Yes to canada, excluding quebec.

Only 2 words, no need to translate. MUCH cheaper bill. :sick:

• I voted for you Lynn! I'm in the contest too, although my likelihood of winning is quite small. The reward is such that I'm willing to try.

For those wondering what it requires, here's my understanding: you have to watch all the videos and answer the questions correctly (not too hard - Google helps with most of them). Then you submit "what would be your tweet from space". I believe Red-Gate picks 15 finalists from the pool of everyone and the world votes to kick one of them off the planet. I've been working on my tweet and have a few good ideas, but even if I make the final 15, I think the world-vote is going to do me in. I don't do well with popularity contests.

• Chad Crawford (11/11/2011)

I voted for you Lynn! I'm in the contest too, although my likelihood of winning is quite small. The reward is such that I'm willing to try.

For those wondering what it requires, here's my understanding: you have to watch all the videos and answer the questions correctly (not too hard - Google helps with most of them). Then you submit "what would be your tweet from space". I believe Red-Gate picks 15 finalists from the pool of everyone and the world votes to kick one of them off the planet. I've been working on my tweet and have a few good ideas, but even if I make the final 15, I think the world-vote is going to do me in. I don't do well with popularity contests.

Oh - and the deadline to enter is next Friday at noon GMT I believe. You can enter and do it all in one fell swoop anytime during this next week I think. The last question was opened today.

• Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

SQLRNNR (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

So does that mean you are in the front running?

I have no idea. It looks like I am still in the running, just need to answer the last question and do what eveer else needs to be done.

Be cool to at least get a t-shirt from the deal, though.

Answered all the q's just need to complete application. Doubt I could get enough votes to win even if I got that far :crying:

buddies

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

EEEK! I just sold another story. Happy happy.

Now I have to write more.

Congrats!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• GilaMonster (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

What other Threadizins are participating in the DBA in Space contest?

p.s. I did vote for you. It's about all I can do.

+1

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

Done. Care to return the favor? -> buddies

TIA 😎

As a side note: that contest is one of the best product placement concept I've seen so far. If not the best one! Brad seems to like being an actor, too...

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• LutzM (11/11/2011)

Lynn Pettis (11/11/2011)

Done. Care to return the favor? -> buddies

TIA 😎

As a side note: that contest is one of the best product placement concept I've seen so far. If not the best one! Brad seems to like being an actor, too...

Done as well.

• It took me two days to give Steve the editor some work. I managed to upload my article using the editor. 😀

-Roy

• I signed up for a Twitter account today. I'm not sure what to do with it. Is that a sign that I'm a geezer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• Trey Staker (11/11/2011)

I signed up for a Twitter account today. I'm not sure what to do with it. Is that a sign that I'm a geezer?

If you are, does that make the rest of us geezers?

Do you have a list of people to follow?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 31,651 through 31,665 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply