Koen Verbeeck (11/21/2011)

Gianluca Sartori (11/21/2011)

50 days without rain???

In Belgium????

You must be joking. :hehe:

I kid you not.

I'm even surprised myself πŸ™‚

We even had an Indian Summer that was better than the actual summer :w00t:

(I worked in my garden in my t-shirt at the end of October)

edit: yes, I was also wearing pants, beside the t-shirt

I'm sure that Steve would love to get another 300 notifications/day from a pants talk on the Thread... πŸ˜›

<wisdom off the day>If a pants talk is not desired, one should turn off his notifications while absent...<\wisdom off the day>

πŸ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• No wisdom allowed on The Thread!

That's almost as bad as making sense or talking technical. Shame on you!

@=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

No wisdom allowed on The Thread!

@=)

Don't you mean pants on you? :hehe:

• Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

@=)

Whoops, my bad.

Back to making not any sense:

Wibble.

edit: pants on me, indeed.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/21/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (11/21/2011)

@=)

Don't you mean pants on you? :hehe:

Point to Remi. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Koen Verbeeck (11/21/2011)

50 days without rain???

In Belgium????

I kid you not.

Man, that brings back great memories! Sitting on the wall in the Grand Place in Brussels on a warm evening, with a belly full of mussels and chips, swigging great beer and watching the world go round. Bliss.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Wibble.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• ChrisM@Work (11/21/2011)

50 days without rain???

In Belgium????

I kid you not.

Man, that brings back great memories! Sitting on the wall in the Grand Place in Brussels on a warm evening, with a belly full of mussels and chips, swigging great beer and watching the world go round. Bliss.

Mmmmmm mussels. And beer πŸ™‚

• Grant Fritchey (11/21/2011)

Wibble.

It won't work without the knickers and pencils;-)

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Hey guys I need your unbiased view of this.

I got flooded back in late august (Irene).

FINALLY after 2+ months somebody came in to do the first response (yes 9 weeks first response).

They hauled out all the trash (which used to be my furniture). All of it was rotten since it was made of wood.

A couple days later they came in to take out the bottom of the walls (UNDER the water line) and the floor / subfloor.

There was fungus all over the place from Irene and even way more from previous incidents. Some of them apparently years old (maybe oven 1 decade from the type of fungus found in there).

Now they say they are "done" and ready to rebuild... and obviously arguing on who's going to pay what (not me as I'm renting, but since I live there I feel as I should have some say in the matter and everything I say seems to fall in deaf ears)

What irks me the most here is they didn't rip out everything that was under water (made of wood). There's still plenty of black wood left (rotten from who knows when).

They did an anti fungus round and then left the fans at full blast to dry everything up.

Now what really bothers me is that in their normal procedures they don't do anything air test to make sure they fix is correct. Now to me this looks like insanity at its best.

You need to keep in mind that during the 9 weeks waiting I had 3 separate incidents of leaving unwashed plates with a little spaghetti sauce freshly made from 6 PM on the table at 8 PM and then coming back the very next morning with 50% of it completely taken over by fungus.

I'm not expert but that seems WAY OUT of the "normal".

That was before they did their round of cleaning, now the air seems better. But that's all I have to go on.

I'm now thinking (if not forced) to pay for the test air myself (possibly 1000$ +) while stopping any work and getting the lawyers involved.

Your impressions?

Hey guys I need your unbiased view of this.

Your impressions?

Move. Some of these fungi can cause serious respiratory problems. It's not worth taking the risk.

• ChrisM@Work (11/21/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/21/2011)

Your impressions?

Move. Some of these fungi can cause serious respiratory problems. It's not worth taking the risk.

I'm considering it too. The problem is that I'll never be able to find the equivalent. This house is literally a steal at that price. It's easily 1000$ to 2000$ / month under the market value of the region.

If I can get this fixed somehow it's my preffered option.

Also I've been living there 18 months and never got sick. All things considered, the air quality now can only be better than what it was when I first moved in. It doesn't mean I don't want to have a definitive answer on the air quality now.

• Koen Verbeeck (11/20/2011)

WayneS (11/18/2011)

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Just passed 70-451. Now I have all exam pre-req's for 88-970 done... just not sure I'm ready for that one yet though.

Congrats!

From me as well.

-Roy

ChrisM@Work (11/21/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/21/2011)

Your impressions?

I'm considering it too. The problem is that I'll never be able to find the equivalent. This house is literally a steal at that price. It's easily 1000$ to 2000$ / month under the market value of the region.

If I can get this fixed somehow it's my preffered option.

Also I've been living there 18 months and never got sick. All things considered, the air quality now can only be better than what it was when I first moved in. It doesn't mean I don't want to have a definitive answer on the air quality now.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/indoorair/mold/

http://www.cdc.gov/mold/stachy.htm

http://www.toxic-black-mold-info.com/moldsigns.htm

Also...can you swim, Remi? :hehe:

50 days without rain???

In Belgium????

I kid you not.

I'm sure that Steve would love to get another 300 notifications/day from a pants talk on the Thread... πŸ˜›

Only 299 mores pants to go! πŸ˜€

In 2 weeks I start working from home so I won't have to wear pants to work! πŸ˜€

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

Viewing 15 posts - 31,921 through 31,935 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply