Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Greg Edwards-268690 (11/23/2011)

Grant Fritchey (11/23/2011)

Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

The other organizer of our SQLSaturday in Austin (#97) just compiled the speaker feedback evals. I came in 3rd overall! I'm pretty pleased since it was my first time presenting at a SQLSaturday.

http://sqlserverio.com/2011/11/22/sqlsaturday-97-speaker-recap/

Well done!

+1

I never overcame the jitters of speaking in front of a group.

Hope your feedback includes valuable comments for you to see.

Thanks Greg and others. Kind words. I found it to be quite fun. Topic was on AlwaysOn, which I love, so passion for the subject came easy. I submitted for a few other SQLSaturdays, so we'll see if any of them pick it up. I only have a single presentation, so odds are low. I'm scheduled all over TX in the UG circuit in January. Rebuilding all of my demos and slides for RC0 soon.

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

• Roy Ernest (11/23/2011)

SQLRNNR (11/23/2011)

Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

The other organizer of our SQLSaturday in Austin (#97) just compiled the speaker feedback evals. I came in 3rd overall! I'm pretty pleased since it was my first time presenting at a SQLSaturday.

Well done.

Great Job Jim. There are some guys who can give presentations with ease. Looks like you are one of them. 🙂

Thanks Roy. Not sure about that though. I do try hard and take it seriously (but with humor as usual, of course). Thanks for the kind words though.

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

• Big day today, Dad's operation's confirmed, the rest of the crap is getting hauled out of the basement (which means the basement is getting hauled out of the basement). Then retreat for anti-fungi.

then last night I found this little gem!

http://immo.lespac.com/immobilier-achat-vente/residentiel/lawrenceville/d-magnifique-fermette-2-acres-pour-le-plaisir-des-sens-coup-de-coeur-LPaZZ24952982WWcpZZ18WWgrZZ7

• I'm off to the middle of nowhere for a few days (middle of nowhere also known as the Free State). Can you guys keep an eye out for corrupt databases, lost data and other such entertaining situations and make sure that at least things don't get worst due to bad advice.

Thanks

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (11/24/2011)

I'm off to the middle of nowhere for a few days (middle of nowhere also known as the Free State). Can you guys keep an eye out for corrupt databases, lost data and other such entertaining situations and make sure that at least things don't get worst due to bad advice.

Thanks

activated forum's subscription.

No sure how much I'll be around with all that's going on tho. Maybe someone else who can cover with quicker <correct implied> responses.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/24/2011)

GilaMonster (11/24/2011)

I'm off to the middle of nowhere for a few days (middle of nowhere also known as the Free State). Can you guys keep an eye out for corrupt databases, lost data and other such entertaining situations and make sure that at least things don't get worst due to bad advice.

Thanks

activated forum's subscription.

No sure how much I'll be around with all that's going on tho. Maybe someone else who can cover with quicker <correct implied> responses.

Congrats Remi! You got Power of Attorney. 🙂

• @Gail: Are you really a volunteer here in SSC? It’s hard to find such passion / dedication in volunteers. Hats Off to you!!!

• Dev (11/24/2011)

@Gail: Are you really a volunteer here in SSC? It’s hard to find such passion / dedication in volunteers. Hats Off to you!!!

The only paid memeber here is Steve. GS now works for RG so he's borderline on that one ;-).

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/24/2011)

GS now works for RG so he's borderline on that one ;-).

I think you mean GF (Grant Fritchey), because last time I checked I didn't work for RedGate. I'm pretty sure they'd tell me if I'd been sold to them.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (11/24/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/24/2011)

GS now works for RG so he's borderline on that one ;-).

I think you mean GF (Grant Fritchey), because last time I checked I didn't work for RedGate. I'm pretty sure they'd tell me if I'd been sold to them.

Actually I mixed Grant & GSquared! :blush:

• It's Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S., so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates, and if you don't happy Thanksgiving to you anyway:-P.

I'm very thankful for the friendships that have developed through my involvement here as SSC. I haven't met all of you in person yet, although I hope to in the future.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

• Jack Corbett (11/24/2011)

It's Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S., so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates, and if you don't happy Thanksgiving to you anyway:-P.

I'm very thankful for the friendships that have developed through my involvement here as SSC. I haven't met all of you in person yet, although I hope to in the future.

Wish you the same Jack (& all SSC guys)!

• Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

Congrats!

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Jack Corbett (11/24/2011)

It's Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S., so Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates, and if you don't happy Thanksgiving to you anyway:-P.

Heh... I'm a little late on this but Happy Bird Day to you, as well, Jack! 😀 And I agree... lot's of friends yet to meet.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Evil Kraig F (11/22/2011)

Koen Verbeeck (11/22/2011)

L' Eomot Inversé (11/22/2011)

I like your signature by the way. One of those universal truths 😀

Pourquoi contredire une femme ? Il est tellement plus simple d'attendre qu'elle change d'avis!

Which like most universal truths... I don't understand. To the cloud!

Google Translate

Why contradict a woman? There is so much easier to wait until she changes her mind!

Close enough.

Wow. I get back after a week off to find sexist taglines on the Thread.

I'm frankly surprised by this.

-Ki

Viewing 15 posts - 32,161 through 32,175 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply