Are the posted questions getting worse?

• It boggles the mind, eh?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Gail, see the latest on this one you were just on?

• Lynn Pettis (4/14/2009)

Gail, see the latest on this one you were just on?

I saw it. I had a half-written, very snarky reply that I deided was better not posted. Besides, I just got an email that's boggled my mind more than anything I've seen here recently. (will PM if you're interested)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • That's cruel.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (4/14/2009)

That's cruel.

What is? Lynn's reply?

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Nah, you teasing us with the "mind boggling" thing. Not fair 'tall.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GilaMonster (4/14/2009)

Lynn Pettis (4/14/2009)

I saw it. I had a half-written, very snarky reply that I deided was better not posted. Besides, I just got an email that's boggled my mind more than anything I've seen here recently. (will PM if you're interested)

Sure, I'm in. So is Grant I believe. Just got the "strangest" PM from him. I think it has to to with this.

• Yeah, I thought I clicked on the PM button on a message of Gail's but I guess not. Poor Lynn. Time for me to go home. I have to run the chainsaw this afternoon. I'm not off to a good start.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Three years experience, asking questions like this? More like 1 month of experience over 36 months.

• A month can seem like an eternity.....

Sometimes a day can too.

Greg E

• Lynn Pettis (4/14/2009)

Three years experience, asking questions like this? More like 1 month of experience over 36 months.

Hmm, a complete change of tack, along with what looks like a change in writing style and language. Interesting.

Gail Shaw

Lynn Pettis (4/14/2009)

Three years experience, asking questions like this? More like 1 month of experience over 36 months.

Hmm, a complete change of tack, along with what looks like a change in writing style and language. Interesting.

Sounds like they were trolling along for a bite. Or showed someone else the thread and their keyboard got hijacked.

Greg E

• Makes you wonder if he's asking the questions or being asked the questions. Also makes you wonder where the sudden improvement in his written expressions came from. If he's 2005 certified, shouldn't he have his own opinions about scheduling backup and maintenance?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Lynn Pettis (4/14/2009)

Definitely interested. I have a very overdeveloped sense of curiosity. Good thing I'm not a cat, I'd have lost all nine lives a LONG time ago! 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• [font="Verdana"]I took a lesson from St Lynn. Not sure it will help, but worth a shot.[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 3,376 through 3,390 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply