Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Florian Reischl (5/6/2009)

Alvin,

I have to confirm Bob. Because I am more a C#y than a VBly I would say "null" is always better than "Nothing"

BTW: In contrast to Bob I really hope that all you (maybe especially Alvin) don't sound like your avatars! :laugh:

That gives me an idea. Maybe we should suggest to Firefox, or SlyFox, Foxtrott or whatever his name is to ask MS to add the keyword "Dunno" to all of the .NET languages? 😀 Maybe an "ItDepends" would be useful as well 😉

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• :sick:

CREATE SCHEMA [%]

GO

CREATE TABLE [%].[%] (Id INT IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY, i INT, [-] INT, [AND] INT, [*] INT, [%] VARCHAR(10))

CREATE INDEX [master.sys.objects] ON [%].[%] ([-]) INCLUDE ([*])

INSERT INTO [%].[%] SELECT 1, 2, 3, 4, 'blah'

SELECT i + [-] * [AND] % [*] [%]

FROM [%].[%]

WHERE [%].[%].[%] = 'blah'

DROP TABLE [%].[%]

DROP SCHEMA [%]

• [font="Verdana"]Does anyone remember a language called Algol? I believe that in the original form, it had no concept of "reserved words", so it was perfectly valid to write expressions like:

if if then then else else

Of course, you could really confuse matters with:

if else then if else then

... Or was that PL/1?

Bring back PROLOG, I say!

[/font]

• Bob Hovious (5/6/2009)

But do you look like your avatar, Roy?

P.S. It's good to see you back online. I can't remember if I said that earlier.

Bob looks like his.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• And Flo?

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• [font="Verdana"]I don't look like mine: the eyes are the wrong colour.[/font]

• ...and GSquared is invisible ???

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Flo, are you sure anyone can read that?

Me am happy and a Newbee, you know... So my question is

SELECT FROM FROM FROM WHERE FROM = FROM OR FROM = 'ItDepends'

This no work. Giving me too many cells. Give me the answer. Now. Immediately please!!!!!!! Have seen article for codes but me English not so good. What is DDL?

PS: Checked spell checker. No help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Bob Hovious (5/6/2009)

...and GSquared is invisible ???

Yeah. Haven't you noticed?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• You really are a ninja, Gus!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Florian Reischl (5/6/2009)

:sick:

CREATE SCHEMA [%]

GO

CREATE TABLE [%].[%] (Id INT IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY, i INT, [-] INT, [AND] INT, [*] INT, [%] VARCHAR(10))

CREATE INDEX [master.sys.objects] ON [%].[%] ([-]) INCLUDE ([*])

INSERT INTO [%].[%] SELECT 1, 2, 3, 4, 'blah'

SELECT i + [-] * [AND] % [*] [%]

FROM [%].[%]

WHERE [%].[%].[%] = 'blah'

Meh.

CREATE TABLE [['.[] (

[,] int,

[[.] int,

[['.[.'] int,

[ FROM [['.[] varchar(4)

)

SELECT [.].[['.[.'], [.].[,],[.].[[.], [.].[['.[.']

, [.].[ FROM [['.[] [.], [.].[ FROM [['.[] FROM [['.[] [.],

[['.[] [ WHERE [['.[.[['.[.'=''] WHERE [ WHERE [['.[.[['.[.'=''].

[['.[.']=''

Edit: Looks like it confused the forum's syntax highlighting.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Bruce W Cassidy (5/6/2009)

[font="Verdana"]Does anyone remember a language called Algol? I believe that in the original form, it had no concept of "reserved words", so it was perfectly valid to write expressions like:

if if then then else else

Of course, you could really confuse matters with:

if else then if else then

... Or was that PL/1?

Bring back PROLOG, I say!

[/font]

I taught myself Algol when the teachers went on strike while I was in high school back in '76. I don't remember it not having the concept of reserved words. I remember you had different routines to print numerics and text. I found it to be an interesting language, and preferred it to Fortran. It also made learning Pascal, Modula-2, and Ada much easier.

I'd love it if someone came out with PROLOG.NET. I had the Borland Turbo Prolog and found it a fun language to play with as well.

• Jan Van der Eecken (5/6/2009)

What is DDL?

[font="Verdana"]It's a spray that you apply liberally to rid yourself of unwanted pests. :w00t:[/font]

• Bruce W Cassidy (5/6/2009)

Jan Van der Eecken (5/6/2009)

What is DDL?

[font="Verdana"]It's a spray that you apply liberally to rid yourself of unwanted pests. :w00t:[/font]

If you want a weird programming language, look at Whitespace.

Alvin Ramard

Viewing 15 posts - 4,066 through 4,080 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply