Are the posted questions getting worse?

• The sun has set in the deep desert and lone figure sits quietly meditating next to a small camp fire. While sitting there, he simply cannot believe how ridiculous some requests for help can be.

As you come nearer to the figure you can hear the words of his mantra, "Must stay in the desert, Must stay in the desert"...

Edit: fixed spelling/grammer, bad spelling/grammer still in post below

• Lynn Pettis (5/14/2009)

The sun has set in the deep desert and lone figure sits quietly meditating next to a small camp fire. While sitting there, he simply cannot believe how ridiculous some requests for help can be.

As you come nearing to figure you can hear the words of his mantra, "Must stay in the desert, Must stay in the desert"...

Is it too ealy to start talking about requiring minimum qualifications before you can even connect to SQL Server, or any other DB system?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (5/14/2009)

Is it too ealy to start talking about requiring minimum qualifications before you can even connect to SQL Server, or any other DB system?

DENY CONNECT SQL TO MOROFF CASCADE;

• Gaby Abed (5/13/2009)

Basically, if you are a heavy gamer, consider it.

[font="Verdana"]Damn. You mean my operating system is going to watch my weight now?[/font]

• Calm you must be, Lynn. Dwell on them you should not.

For though their numbers are legion they are not strong in the Force.

Hey Bruce and Paul... how is life in New Zealand? Where do you each live again?

Bruce, you're on the North Island (Auckland?) right?

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious (5/14/2009)

Calm you must be, Lynn. Dwell on them you should not.

Calm I am, soothing is the desert at night. Strong is the force for I have not succumbed to the calling of the ID10T's...

Must remain in the desert, must remain in the desert...

Hey Bruce and Paul... how is life in New Zealand? Where do you each live again? Bruce, you're on the North Island (Auckland?) right?

I work in Wellington and live a little further north in Raumati Beach. This general area

Bob Hovious (5/14/2009)

Calm you must be, Lynn. Dwell on them you should not.

Calm I am, soothing is the desert at night. Strong is the force for I have not succumbed to the calling of the ID10T's...

Let us know if you start running low on supplies. We'll bring some when we visit.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

[font="Verdana"]I'm in Auckland, which is in the north of the North Island. Paul's in Wellington, which is in the south of the North Island. It's winter here now, so it suddenly got cold a couple of weeks ago. But it hasn't been anywhere near as rainy as it usually is this time of year.

I had a migraine this week for a couple of days, which is why I haven't been around much. Other than that, all is good. Getting near the end of my six month project, and it's just about ready to go into the development review! Then we start the testing phase. :w00t:

[/font]

[font="Verdana"]Now there's your problem right there. You need another S in that desert.[/font]

• Bruce W Cassidy (5/14/2009)

[font="Verdana"]I'm in Auckland, which is in the north of the North Island. Paul's in Wellington, which is in the south of the North Island. It's winter here now, so it suddenly got cold a couple of weeks ago. But it hasn't been anywhere near as rainy as it usually is this time of year.

I had a migraine this week for a couple of days, which is why I haven't been around much. Other than that, all is good. Getting near the end of my six month project, and it's just about ready to go into the development review! Then we start the testing phase. :w00t:

[/font]

We had some amazing rain this morning - monsson-like! Sunny and nice now though with a cool breeze. Tghe last couple of days were very spring-like didn't you think Bruce? It was still 15 degrees at midnight last night. Made a nice change from the 6 or 7 degrees of last week.

The day has just improved markedly, as one of my colleagues from Platform has fetched me a Friday afternnon cold Speights Summit from the fridge. :w00t:

• Paul White (5/14/2009)

Bob Hovious (5/14/2009)

Hey Bruce and Paul... how is life in New Zealand? Where do you each live again? Bruce, you're on the North Island (Auckland?) right?

I work in Wellington and live a little further north in Raumati Beach. This general area

Wow. that looks real tough. :angry:

I on the other hand live in southern New Jersey, in this general area.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

• RBarryYoung (5/14/2009)

I on the other hand live in southern New Jersey, in this general area.

Hey, that looks pretty sweet!

Real flat too - do you have *any* hills or anything? 🙂

Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

America is just really so big!

And hey your area is flat too!

What's that all about? 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 4,441 through 4,455 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply