Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Sioban Krzywicki (1/21/2015)

Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2015)

Sioban Krzywicki (1/21/2015)

I'm Transgender. I've come out as a woman in nearly every aspect of my life now and am at my first day of work as a woman. I hope everyone here is ok with it too, I've come to like you all quite a bit.

Congrats, Sioban. I think this extraordinarily brave of you. I look forward to learning how to pronounce your new name.

Thanks Brandie!

It is Sha-Vaughn. If I knew how to type a schwa I would. That'd replace the first "a". It is somewhere between a short a and "uh"

I'm glad to see you back. I missed our chats.

Thank you for the pronounciation.

Yeah, I've been living between moments of "putting out fires at work" and "solving family armageddon issues" with no time for social media and little time for writing. Been feeling emotionally black and blue for a few years now, but it got really bad the past year. I finally convinced someone close to me to get counseling and it turns out this person has generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and unresolved anger issues. No wonder I feel like a giant bruise.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2015)

I'm Transgender. I've come out as a woman in nearly every aspect of my life now and am at my first day of work as a woman. I hope everyone here is ok with it too, I've come to like you all quite a bit.

Congrats, Sioban. I think this extraordinarily brave of you. I look forward to learning how to pronounce your new name.

Thanks Brandie!

It is Sha-Vaughn. If I knew how to type a schwa I would. That'd replace the first "a". It is somewhere between a short a and "uh"

I'm glad to see you back. I missed our chats.

Thank you for the pronounciation.

Yeah, I've been living between moments of "putting out fires at work" and "solving family armageddon issues" with no time for social media and little time for writing. Been feeling emotionally black and blue for a few years now, but it got really bad the past year. I finally convinced someone close to me to get counseling and it turns out this person has generalized anxiety disorder, depression, and unresolved anger issues. No wonder I feel like a giant bruise.

You're welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're getting help. You're an awesome person and I really enjoy talking with you.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're getting help.

Hee. It's not me. It's someone else. It's just that I get the brunt of the bad days because I'm one of the few people this person trusts.

Now I get to watch him go onto a new drug routine and let him know if he shows signs of the bad side effects that could make the situation worse. It does seem to be helping, much to his chagrin. He hates drugs.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Hi & nice to meet you Shev!

No punts on Ayla or Kara yet? I've not got a clue who they are!

• Gazareth (1/21/2015)

Hi & nice to meet you Shev!

Unfortunately my only guess is Green Lantern and Supergirl. But my head is in geekland at the moment.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're getting help.

Hee. It's not me. It's someone else. It's just that I get the brunt of the bad days because I'm one of the few people this person trusts.

Now I get to watch him go onto a new drug routine and let him know if he shows signs of the bad side effects that could make the situation worse. It does seem to be helping, much to his chagrin. He hates drugs.

I see, I misread. I know that kind of thing is hard, but it is good that you're there for him. Best of luck!

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.

• Gazareth (1/21/2015)

Hi and Thanks!

Gazareth (1/21/2015)

Unfortunately my only guess is Green Lantern and Supergirl. But my head is in geekland at the moment.

Very close!

The first is not Green Lantern, but is a comic character.

The second is Supergirl/Power Girl. I've always been a huge Superman fan, so this seems appropriate.

Gazareth (1/21/2015)

Very close!

The second is Supergirl/Power Girl. I've always been a huge Superman fan, so this seems appropriate.

Then it would be Lightning Lass (if we're still in DC land) or whatever she's calling herself these days.

• Jeff Moden (1/21/2015)

I hope everyone here is ok with it too...

To be honest, I don't care if someone's eyes are on stems and they leave snail tracks. Your contributions to this community, your abilities to solve problems, and the nature of how you do such things are all that matter, ol' friend. Long live Sioban!

+1

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• HeaddeskHeaddeskHeaddesk.

Can I scream yet?

I just got the "white paper" for a new project. 46 freaking pages of "time to integrate the systems". Which isn't bad. I support the project 100%.

But the DAMN TYPOS are killing me!!!!

Someone make the pain stop!

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an announcement and a question.

The question is if I can get my name changed on the articles I've written here. : -)

I see how to change my name on my account and I'll go do that here in a minute. I'm just not sure it'll cascade to everything else.

Anyway, hi! I'm Sioban. Sioban Jeanne Krzywicki. If you want the full name (that it'll be as soon as I finish all the legal paperwork, probably a month or so of filing papers) it is Sioban Jeanne Ayla Kara Krzywicki.

Bonus points to anyone who knows where the third and fourth names come from.

Were you Stephan before?

Like others have already said, it doesn't matter to me. I have pictures in my head of what people look like on here. That is scary! I envision Jeff Moden carrying a machete looking for RBAR. When he sees RBAR he cuts it out with his machete yelling "RBAR, be GONE!!".

Anyway good luck with your change.

Tom

Gazareth (1/21/2015)

Very close!

Then it would be Lightning Lass (if we're still in DC land) or whatever she's calling herself these days.

Unless it refers to the character of Chrono Trigger or from Earth's Children.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Gazareth (1/21/2015)

Very close!

That's it! I'm a huge Legion fan & her name was one I was considering. When a friend pointed out that she started in the comics by pretending to be her brother, it became the obvious choice. : -)

• SQLRNNR (1/21/2015)

Jeff Moden (1/21/2015)

I hope everyone here is ok with it too...

To be honest, I don't care if someone's eyes are on stems and they leave snail tracks. Your contributions to this community, your abilities to solve problems, and the nature of how you do such things are all that matter, ol' friend. Long live Sioban!

+1

Thanks. : -)

Viewing 15 posts - 47,041 through 47,055 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply