Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Jack Corbett (5/27/2009)

GSquared (5/27/2009)

True enough, except for the horse part. You actually can make a horse drink, if you hold its nose underwater (I used to ride horses almost every day and used that trick a few times). But that's facts ruining a perfectly good cliche.

OF course a horse is much bigger than me so I may not be able to get its nose in the water. I wonder what Steve's wife, Tia, would have to say about that trick 😛

Doesn't matter if the horse is bigger than you. Horses are easy to trick. They can't hold your weight with their neck muscles, so if you put your weight on the reigns and pull their nose down to the water, they'll resist, but you can make them put their head down.

If the horse wants to back up away from the water, instead of just trying to hold its head up, you lift one of its feet off the ground. They won't move when you do that, if you know what you're doing. Same thing blacksmiths do when they're shoeing the horse.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Congrats to Wayne for hitting the 5000 posts. You win the grand prize... And the grand prize is...(Drum roll)

You get to host the SSC party... 😀

BTW, the echo guy is strange. He has been doing this quite often. Or give an answer without reading the question. :hehe:

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

BTW, the echo guy is strange. He has been doing this quite often. Or give an answer without reading the question. :hehe:

Or posting bad advice (truncate tran log, shrink file. The latter specified with incorrect syntax)

He's irritating me a bit. If I want a mimic, I'll get a parrot.

Did you see the one where he repeated advice complete with spelling mistake?

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I was thinking maybe we should ask someone who is politically correct to tell him not to be parrot.. 😀

The people who comes in mind for this job is our resident "SAINT" and Steve. Steve is always politically correct and SAINT is SAINT.. 😀

EDIT : He is still active by mimicking Tom.. 😛

-Roy

• No sooner had I read the last couple of echo comments than I recieve a notification

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic724894-146-1.aspx

He's done it again.

EDIT: and now I'm echoing Roy :hehe:

• Tom Brown (5/28/2009)

No sooner had I read the last couple of echo comments than I recieve a notification

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic724894-146-1.aspx

He's done it again.

EDIT: and now I'm echoing Roy :hehe:

DECLARE @answer varchar(8000)

SELECT TOP 1 @answer = answerText

FROM answeredQuestions

ORDER BY answerDate DESC

POST @answer

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

I was thinking maybe we should ask someone who is politically correct to tell him not to be parrot.. 😀

To hell with 'politically correct'. (I can be, I usually chose not to be)

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• GSquared (5/28/2009)

... Doesn't matter if the horse is bigger than you. Horses are easy to trick.

And yet somehow, we are the ones providing them with food and shelter. 😀

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

Or posting bad advice (truncate tran log, shrink file. The latter specified with incorrect syntax)

He's irritating me a bit. If I want a mimic, I'll get a parrot.

Did you see the one where he repeated advice complete with spelling mistake?

He's getting on my nerves too. I called him on it in one post, but never got a response.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GilaMonster (5/28/2009)

Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

I was thinking maybe we should ask someone who is politically correct to tell him not to be parrot.. 😀

To hell with 'politically correct'. (I can be, I usually chose not to be)

Just start reporting all his posts where he does this.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

The people who comes in mind for this job is our resident "SAINT" and Steve. Steve is always politically correct and SAINT is SAINT.. 😀

Unless ... :w00t: ... he is a conspiratorial invention of Steve - who is omnipresent - and all powerful - to keep us glued to this thread 😉

• RBarryYoung (5/28/2009)

GSquared (5/28/2009)

... Doesn't matter if the horse is bigger than you. Horses are easy to trick.

And yet somehow, we are the ones providing them with food and shelter. 😀

And they're the ones who day a full day's hard work for food, shelter, and a health plan. Cats are the ones that have us totally bamboozled as a species, not horses.

Reminds me of a joke about the difference between cats and dogs. Dogs take a look at their person, think, "Wow! This guy provides unlimited food, shelter, care, love and petting. He must be a god!", cats think, "Wow! This guy provides unlimited food, shelter, care, love and petting. I must be a god!"

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Cats were worshipped as gods in ancient Egypt. Cats have never forgotten that.

Gail Shaw

• I see that the Operation "Kill the Parrot" is on the road... 😀

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (5/28/2009)

I see that the Operation "Kill the Parrot" is on the road... 😀

Release the cats!!

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 5,011 through 5,025 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply