Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Goosfraba

• Jeff Moden - Tuesday, July 4, 2017 10:17 AM

ChrisM@Work - Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:21 AM

Happy holidays to our wonderful neighbours across the water, celebrating Brexit 1776!

BWAAA-HAAA!!! Now that's just funny!  Thanks, Chris.  You made my day. 😉

Ditto. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• The SO got me an early bday present. Two wireless vertical mice (because one of my cats chewed the cord on my corded vertical mouse).

Now I have these weird "last page" and "next page" buttons I have no idea what to do with. But a nice new button to adjust DPI came with them too, and they even have a slot on the bottom of the mouse where I can store the USB connector. So, kinda cool... The only question is, what do I do with two of them?

Is it possible to be a two-fisted mouser? @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:43 AM

The SO got me an early bday present. Two wireless vertical mice (because one of my cats chewed the cord on my corded vertical mouse).

Now I have these weird "last page" and "next page" buttons I have no idea what to do with. But a nice new button to adjust DPI came with them too, and they even have a slot on the bottom of the mouse where I can store the USB connector. So, kinda cool... The only question is, what do I do with two of them?

Is it possible to be a two-fisted mouser? @=)

Did he get you a left and right handed one then? Otherwise you might find using the 2nd one in your other hand difficult. ^_^

It would be like watching a Leftie try and cut paper with a pair of right handed scissors. Heh heh heh. :hehe:

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:50 AM

Did he get you a left and right handed one then? Otherwise you might find using the 2nd one in your other hand difficult. ^_^

It would be like watching a Leftie try and cut paper with a pair of right handed scissors. Heh heh heh. :hehe:

Hee. No. He got me two right-handed mice. So yeah, double-fisting might be a little difficult but trying it would sure take me away from the frustrations of working the entire holiday weekend. (I missed my floating down the river trip because of a work incident. Bleargh!).

• Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:39 AM

Jeff Moden - Tuesday, July 4, 2017 10:17 AM

ChrisM@Work - Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:21 AM

Happy holidays to our wonderful neighbours across the water, celebrating Brexit 1776!

BWAAA-HAAA!!! Now that's just funny!  Thanks, Chris.  You made my day. 😉

Ditto. @=)

Thanks, Chris.

• GilaMonster - Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:10 PM

Some people are kinda getting on my nerves.
    People who are the excellent at something usually don't have to go around proclaiming that fact.

Dare we ask for the link to the thread that drove you to this post?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 5:49 AM

GilaMonster - Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:10 PM

Some people are kinda getting on my nerves.
    People who are the excellent at something usually don't have to go around proclaiming that fact.

Dare we ask for the link to the thread that drove you to this post?

You can ask, but I was being intentionally vague for a reason.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Speaking of excellence... If someone puts "expert at ..." on their resume, how large a grain of salt do you take it with? Is it an automatic turnoff or a warning flag?

Or do you accept it at face value until interview time?

• Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:48 AM

Speaking of excellence... If someone puts "expert at ..." on their resume, how large a grain of salt do you take it with? Is it an automatic turnoff or a warning flag?

Anyone who does that is setting themselves up for nightmare interview questions ... as long as they are prepared and capable of answering such questions, good luck to them.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Speaking of excellence... If someone puts "expert at ..." on their resume, how large a grain of salt do you take it with? Is it an automatic turnoff or a warning flag?

Usually, experts leave a trail behind them that can be traced. That would only make me ask harder questions and expect better answers than someone who just claims to have basic knowledge. In the end, I don't care if they claim to have ruled England, they still need to prove it.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Brandie,

Was it by any chance Daddy Pig?

It's a red flag, and I mean the kind you wave in front of a bull. Please, please, please, let me interview the "Expert".

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees that word and suddenly sits on the edge of my seat. There's just something about this one that feels like a "if I put enough keywords down, the word salad will pass the computer filters."

• Grant Fritchey - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:14 AM

Brandie Tarvin - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:48 AM

It's a red flag, and I mean the kind you wave in front of a bull. Please, please, please, let me interview the "Expert".

*Me silently crawls into corner to update my resume*

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server/Data Platform MVP (2006-2016)
    Visit my SQL Server blog: https://sqlserverfast.com/blog/
    SQL Server Execution Plan Reference: https://sqlserverfast.com/epr/

Viewing 15 posts - 59,101 through 59,115 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply