Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Hey, Buck Woody just posted a "Help Me, Help You" post that some of our more infamous posters, and quite a few others, could use. Thought you all might be interested. Same stuff we all talk about.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Doc (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Impressive Bio Mr. Young

Nice pic too! πŸ˜‰

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Now, if you want to see some truly hideous code, try this. πŸ™‚

Now, which pic is the real RBarryYoung??? I may never look at you the same way again.....

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Florian Reischl (6/22/2009)

lmu92 (6/22/2009)

I hope I didn't scare away the newbie on this thread with my Tally table joke... But I HAD to do it... :hehe:

Payment for solutions on a forum? Sounds like experts-exchange πŸ˜›

@jeff: I beat it once in the split thread. Do I get it for free or do I have to pay twice? πŸ˜€

Jeff only accepts Bulk payment, not one at a time. (PBAP):hehe:

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (6/23/2009)

... but, wait: wasn't PBAP "Porkchop By Agonizing Porkchop"? πŸ˜€

I was keeping this for the day Microsoft decides to change the behaviour of Jeff's quirky update on running totals!!

-- Gianluca Sartori

You're a sick, sick puppy. Which is probably why you're the muscle behind the throne of the Empire. πŸ˜›

Interesting stuff, thanks for the link.

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Gianluca Sartori (6/23/2009)

jcrawf02 (6/23/2009)

... but, wait: wasn't PBAP "Porkchop By Agonizing Porkchop"? πŸ˜€

I was keeping this for the day Microsoft decides to change the behaviour of Jeff's quirky update on running totals!!

Crap, you're right. . .

Transaction By Agonizing Transaction?

My favorite line isn't even in the code. It's, "you can find below the solution of Barry with a full explanation." I read that, and just wonder what the solvent is.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

My favorite line isn't even in the code. It's, "you can find below the solution of Barry with a full explanation." I read that, and just wonder what the solvent is.

"Love", of course! πŸ˜€

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• David Burrows (6/23/2009)

Doc (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Impressive Bio Mr. Young

Nice pic too! πŸ˜‰

They wouldn't let me use that one I wanted too, though. I have attached it here for those who really want to see it, however, Fair Warning: not for the faint of heart! Do NOT open this unless you truly must see it!

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

They wouldn't let me use that one I wanted too, though. I have attached it here for those who really want to see it, however, Fair Warning: not for the faint of heart! Do NOT open this unless you truly must see it!

...sigh... ...faints...

-- Kit

David Burrows (6/23/2009)

Doc (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Impressive Bio Mr. Young

Nice pic too! πŸ˜‰

Yep. Met him last year. Barry looks just like that, only taller.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Hey Barry, That movie star , what is his name Redford?? He looks just like you...:-) He must have been one pleased man to look like you... Just kidding

Did anyone see this request

He has some nerve...:-)

-Roy

• Grant Fritchey (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

David Burrows (6/23/2009)

Doc (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Impressive Bio Mr. Young

Nice pic too! πŸ˜‰

Yep. Met him last year. Barry looks just like that, only taller.

And younger!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• Paul White (6/23/2009)

RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Actually, that looks pretty awesome!

I'd like to try it for myself - but has the posted code lost something in the translation?

The initial SET seems fine, but that is followed by ASCII(@s)99SELECT...?

Help?

Paul

Ooops, soory Paul. It looks like my code got partially garbled when they tried to format it for the article. I have attached the actual code in a text file for you enjoyment. πŸ™‚

(hang on, I can't get attachments to work right now... (must be that real picture of me I uploaded ... πŸ˜‰ ) ).

OK, there it is.

Here's the in-line version:

[font="Courier New"]declare @S nvarchar(999) Set @S='Ε’''~β€š,ROWS~€ŒŒ~}and~|le~{char(1~\e ~Q Se|ct ~Jexec sp_~4 BEGIN /$ 6 Jspaceused &Ε’?&&,@where}=€} o.namot lik\&Ε’#[0-9]%&&,@postcomm}=6tQdb_name(),*: De|te:€ END Ε’, Ε’^Ε’QTOP 5 BAS\,[$] ,7β€š:t order by cast(|ft(7,|n(7)-3) as int) desc<t<' WHILE ASCII(@s)99SELECT @S=REPLACE(Right(@s,Len(@s)-(Charindex('~',@s))),left(@s,1),substring(@s,2,Charindex('~',@s)-2)) EXEC(@s)

[/font]

[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 5,971 through 5,985 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply