• Congrats Flo.... πŸ˜€

You get to host the Party...:-)

-Roy

• Florian Reischl (6/23/2009)

GilaMonster (6/23/2009)

He offered $5.

:laugh:!

Did you answer this?

I replied with my actual hourly rate (which seems lot to US people because of the exchange rate). Never heard back.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • @roy: You just have to come to Germany.

@Gail: (S)He will answer when (s)he really gets performance problems. πŸ˜‰

• RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

Nope, that's right. Run it and see. πŸ˜‰

Well I did try! :ermm:

Once I have removed the line numbers and line breaks, I get this:

declare @S nvarchar(999) Set @S='Ε’''~β€š,ROWS~€ŒŒ~}and~|le~{char(1~\e ~Q Se|ct ~Jexec sp_~4 BEGIN /$ 6 Jspaceused &Ε’?&&,@where}=€} o.namot lik\&Ε’#[0-9]%&&,@postcomm}=6tQdb_name(),*: De|te:€ END Ε’, Ε’^Ε’QTOP 5 BAS\,[$] ,7β€š:t orderby cast(|ft(7,|n(7)-3) as int) desc<' ASCII(@s)99SELECT @S=REPLACE(Right(@s,Len(@s)-(Charindex('~',@s))),left(@s,1),substring(@s,2,Charindex('~',@s)-2))

EXEC(@s)

[font="Courier New"]Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 1

Incorrect syntax near 'ASCII'.[/font]

Am I being thick here?

@Roy: You just have to come to Germany.

Hey Flo, remember: I'm not too far away...

Let me know where and when. I'd assume an "Oktoberfest" invitation with accommodation and beverages included would just be appropriate πŸ™‚

I'll cover my travel cost πŸ˜€

Anybody else ready to join?

Edit: btw: Congrats! πŸ™‚

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

:-):hehe::-D:-):hehe::-D

:-):hehe::-D:-):hehe::-D

@Paul: Probably looks better in IE or Firefox πŸ˜‰

WE ARE LEGION!!!!

• RBarryYoung (6/23/2009)

It looks like my code got partially garbled when they tried to format it for the article. I have attached the actual code in a text file for your enjoyment. πŸ™‚

:laugh:

The in-line version became slightly garbled too!

declare @S nvarchar(999) Set @S='Ε’''~β€š,ROWS~€ŒŒ~}and~|le~{char(1~\e ~Q Se|ct ~Jexec sp_~4 BEGIN /$ 6 Jspaceused &Ε’?&&,@where}=€} o.namot lik\&Ε’#[0-9]%&&,@postcomm}=6tQdb_name(),*: De|te:€ END Ε’, Ε’^Ε’QTOP 5 BAS\,[$] ,7β€š:t order by cast(|ft(7,|n(7)-3) as int) desc<' WHILE ASCII(@s)99SELECT @S=REPLACE(Right(@s,Len(@s)-(Charindex('~',@s))),left(@s,1),substring(@s,2,Charindex('~',@s)-2)) EXEC(@s)

[font="Courier New"]Msg 173, Level 15, State 1, Line 1

The definition for column 'BASvarchar' must include a data type.[/font]

Luckily, the attachment worked just fine, and is just outrageous - but so cool.

Appreciating it is one thing - understanding it will have to wait until after work πŸ™

Paul

• lmu92 (6/23/2009)

Let me know where and when. I'd assume an "Oktoberfest" invitation with accommodation and beverages included would just be appropriate πŸ™‚

Accommodation for Oktoberfest should be okay. I cannot guarantee the beverages but I know people who know people πŸ˜‰

Oh - ha ha ha πŸ˜‰

Actually it renders just fine in Chrome 2 - albeit somewhat faster than in Internet Exploiter or FireFix πŸ˜›

How far are you from Berlin? There's a very, very, very, very small chance that I may be in that area in Nov.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Paul White (6/23/2009)

Florian Reischl (6/23/2009)

Oh - ha ha ha πŸ˜‰

Actually it renders just fine in Chrome 2 - albeit somewhat faster than in Internet Exploiter or FireFix πŸ˜›

Nothing against Chrome. I like it, the only really missing feature is "mouse gestures" in my opinion. I cannot work any more without this geek toy.

Just remembered a thread about two month ago, you posted some code with font size 5 (I think). It looked fine in Chrome as you wrote but it hurt in eyes with any other brother.

Edit: LOL. "Brother" should be "browser" πŸ˜€

• Oh boy. So now "standard SQL" has been invoked.

Jeff's gonna absolutely love this - I just hope Carl likes pork.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost740591.aspx

Just remembered a thread about two month ago, you posted some code with font size 5 (I think). It looked fine in Chrome as you wrote but it hurt in eyes with any other bowser.

Lol yeah.

Like this? (size 3)

• GilaMonster (6/23/2009)

How far are you from Berlin? There's a very, very, very, very small chance that I may be in that area in Nov.

About 600km (almost other side of Germany). Let me know if you come to Berlin. Maybe I'll visit some friends there.

• Paul White (6/23/2009)

Just remembered a thread about two month ago, you posted some code with font size 5 (I think). It looked fine in Chrome as you wrote but it hurt in eyes with any other brother.

Lol yeah.

Like this? (size 3)

Yep. And thanks for quoting my "bro

er" typo... :hehe: Just edited my previous post.

Viewing 15 posts - 6,001 through 6,015 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply