Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

below86 wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

Yes, I voted for Trump in 2016. First, he wasn't my first choice. Second, there was no way on Gods green earth I was voting for an unindicted, unconvicted felon for President. I am sorry if there are those of you who disagree, but Hillary Clinton and her entire staff that worked for her when she was Secretary of State should be be in prison for mishandling classified information. Period. Any of us on this thread or forum had done what she and her staff did would be prison. We would also, upon release, more than likely unable to obtain any sort of government clearance. And her saying she wasn't told, horse manure. Anyone who has a security clearance goes through mandatory annual training. If we don't complete the training, we lose are clearance and more than likely our job. We need to hold all government officials to this standard, elected and appointed. Period.

I don't agree with many things Trump has said, but that is probably true of many people. I do, however, know that I have done better under four years of Trump than 8 years under Obama. I am not looking forward to what the next two years have instore for us.

So many lies, I see why you like the 'dictator'.  Why isn't he held to the same standards?  If it was a democ0art in office and tried to pull a coup like T*** did, the republicans would be loosing their mind and would have already impeached the president.

Open your eyes, don't be sheep.

Says the sheep.  He is as much a dictator as Former President Obama.

I don't agree with his actions after the election, but I do agree that there needs to be an investigation into the election, not to over turn it but to ensure that the problems that occurred this year don't happen again in future years.

And, by the way, no previous President had to put up with fours years of obstruction like President Trump.  The Democrats didn't accept the results of the 2016 election, so how is that any different from this year?

Lynn you are hilarious. NOT!  After getting the affordable care act passed early on I seem to remember republicans blocking almost every thing else they tried to do.  That's one thing I find funny about republicans, when history doesn't meet their agenda they change it.(or forget the facts, but who needs facts and science)

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

I don't agree with many things Trump has said, but that is probably true of many people. I do, however, know that I have done better under four years of Trump than 8 years under Obama. I am not looking forward to what the next two years have instore for us.

The only benefit I got from trump was a $1000 bonus check 4 years ago or so because of his tax cuts.  And that really doesn't do anything to offset the absolute shit show the last year has been under his gross mismanagement of the pandemic.

Let's see.  The tax cuts put more money into my bank account every payday.  That adds up over time.  I will say I was lucky that I was already divorced when his tax cuts went into affect because it did change how spousal support was taxed.  But that was a government still trying to collect as much in taxes as it could.  Any bonuses I got in these last four years were either company bonuses based on company performance or my personal performance on a specific issue or issues.  His tax cuts didn't play a part in those payments.

The pandemic, his mismanagement?  Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.  He may have done some things wrong, but he also did other things right.  If you are going to call him out for what he did wrong, be sure to call out the doctorial governors at the state level as well.  Both sides politicized the pandemic.  And let's not forget Pelosi admitting she didn't want to put out a second stimulus package before the election.  And look what was in the latest stimulus package.  Really, billions of dollars to foreign governments for things that aren't even related to the pandemic?  Sorry, but there is enough wrong to go around to everyone in power.

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

below86 wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

Yes, I voted for Trump in 2016. First, he wasn't my first choice. Second, there was no way on Gods green earth I was voting for an unindicted, unconvicted felon for President. I am sorry if there are those of you who disagree, but Hillary Clinton and her entire staff that worked for her when she was Secretary of State should be be in prison for mishandling classified information. Period. Any of us on this thread or forum had done what she and her staff did would be prison. We would also, upon release, more than likely unable to obtain any sort of government clearance. And her saying she wasn't told, horse manure. Anyone who has a security clearance goes through mandatory annual training. If we don't complete the training, we lose are clearance and more than likely our job. We need to hold all government officials to this standard, elected and appointed. Period.

So many lies, I see why you like the 'dictator'.  Why isn't he held to the same standards?  If it was a democ0art in office and tried to pull a coup like T*** did, the republicans would be loosing their mind and would have already impeached the president.

I don't agree with his actions after the election, but I do agree that there needs to be an investigation into the election, not to over turn it but to ensure that the problems that occurred this year don't happen again in future years.

And, by the way, no previous President had to put up with fours years of obstruction like President Trump.  The Democrats didn't accept the results of the 2016 election, so how is that any different from this year?

We should have a complete tear down of the entire voting system from top to bottom, not just this specific election.  At least in this election the popular vote actually aligned with the electoral college vote unlike certain other elections....

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

The only benefit I got from trump was a $1000 bonus check 4 years ago or so because of his tax cuts.  And that really doesn't do anything to offset the absolute shit show the last year has been under his gross mismanagement of the pandemic.

Let's see.  The tax cuts put more money into my bank account every payday.  That adds up over time.  I will say I was lucky that I was already divorced when his tax cuts went into affect because it did change how spousal support was taxed.  But that was a government still trying to collect as much in taxes as it could.  Any bonuses I got in these last four years were either company bonuses based on company performance or my personal performance on a specific issue or issues.  His tax cuts didn't play a part in those payments.

The pandemic, his mismanagement?  Stop drinking the Kool-Aid.  He may have done some things wrong, but he also did other things right.  If you are going to call him out for what he did wrong, be sure to call out the doctorial governors at the state level as well.  Both sides politicized the pandemic.  And let's not forget Pelosi admitting she didn't want to put out a second stimulus package before the election.  And look what was in the latest stimulus package.  Really, billions of dollars to foreign governments for things that aren't even related to the pandemic?  Sorry, but there is enough wrong to go around to everyone in power.

Ultimately he was the president and he did virtually nothing right in the last year in regards to the pandemic.  He couldn't even be bothered to do the bare minimum like ask people wear masks.

• below86 wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

below86 wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

Lynn you are hilarious. NOT!  After getting the affordable care act passed early on I seem to remember republicans blocking almost every thing else they tried to do.  That's one thing I find funny about republicans, when history doesn't meet their agenda they change it.(or forget the facts, but who needs facts and science)

Yes, the ACA.  Honestly, the Supreme Court should have declared that unconstitutional.  To be honest, Social Security should have been ruled unconstitutional back in the 30's when it was passed.  Sorry, but the Federal Government over stepped its authority.  Don't tell me the general welfare clause covers it.  The powers of the Federal Government are limited and expressly written in the Constitution of the United States.

• ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

below86 wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

We should have a complete tear down of the entire voting system from top to bottom, not just this specific election.  At least in this election the popular vote actually aligned with the electoral college vote unlike certain other elections....

You do realize that we don't elect the President based on a single National Election or the popular vote.  In fact, at one time we didn't even vote for the President and/or Vice President, we voted for Electors who then gathered and actually debated and argued over who would become the President and the Vice President.  Today it is 50 separate and independent State elections for the President.  You want the election of the President to be purely on the populare vote? Well, then California and New York will be the deciding factor in future elections.  The founders of our country established the Electoral College to keep the more populous States from dominating the electoral process.  Without it we wouldn't even be here now as the Southern States would not have joined the Union after the Revolutionary War because that was their fear, that the North would dominate the electoral process.

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

below86 wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

You do realize that we don't elect the President based on a single National Election or the popular vote.  In fact, at one time we didn't even vote for the President and/or Vice President, we voted for Electors who then gathered and actually debated and argued over who would become the President and the Vice President.  Today it is 50 separate and independent State elections for the President.  You want the election of the President to be purely on the populare vote? Well, then California and New York will be the deciding factor in future elections.  The founders of our country established the Electoral College to keep the more populous States from dominating the electoral process.  Without it we wouldn't even be here now as the Southern States would not have joined the Union after the Revolutionary War because that was their fear, that the North would dominate the electoral process.

I fully realize that's how the current system works.  And the way the current system works is that people in say Texas don't get to whine and complain about how say Pennsylvania conducts their election just because they don't like the results.

• I'd like to hear Lynn's case on the unconstitutionality of both the ACA and Social Security.

Whadya say Lynn, can you make an argument that isn't simply asserting an opinion?

For instance, I can reason that the individual mandate is constitutional, because if you could frame the "penalty" imposed by not buying insurance differently, it would then pass muster if you framed it as a "tax deduction for insurance costs" that are simply not available to you as a deduction if you don't buy insurance. But it is still functionally, mathematically equivalent, and if you can make it constitutional just by renaming terms, do we REALLY have a constitutional argument against it?

So, is it UNCONSTITUTIONAL to offer a tax break to folks purchasing health insurance? Are tax breaks unconstitutional upon themselves?

After all, when the penalty was called a "tax", the courts gave it the go ahead. Simply by renaming it from "penalty" to a "tax."

• ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

Ultimately he was the president and he did virtually nothing right in the last year in regards to the pandemic.  He couldn't even be bothered to do the bare minimum like ask people wear masks.

You seem to think that the President of the United States has all this power, the ability to tell every State what they have to do.  Sorry, the only way he could have exerted that kind of authority is to have declared Martial Law throughout the United States.  Imagine how well that would have gone over.  Remember, the Constitution explicitly defines the powers of the Federal Government.  Anything not expressly stated belongs to the States and the People.

Why should he have asked the people to wear masks? Plus, asking doesn't mandate wearing masks, and there would more than likely be many who still would have refused to wear masks.  And how effect has mask wearing actually been?  Depending on what you read there are those that tout its effectiveness and just as many the doubt its effectiveness.

• The moron knew last January that it was going to be bad(Covid), but he kept saying it would go away.  And his followers believe anything that comes out of his mouth.  If he would have done his duty he would have been honest.  For god sakes he's on tape saying it, but I guess we should ignore that, like other facts.

As my grandpa used to say "you can't fix stupid".  And I would add "you can't argue with stupid".

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• oh lord, anti-maskers LOL!

I remember in one of my weaker moments trying to convince an anti-masker to reconsider and this person literally had the gall to ask me "what business is it of yours" when it was PRECISELY the reason first offered for wearing masks, that it protects others around you. I think thats when it started settling in how irrational many of us can be, so I gave up on that account, and knowing folks's politics I feel justified in being disappointed but not in being surprised.

• Lynn Pettis wrote:

ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

ZZartin wrote:

Lynn Pettis wrote:

Depending on what you read there are those that tout its effectiveness and just as many the doubt its effectiveness.

Depending on what you read the earth is flat.

But I guess maybe covid is just caused by bad miasmas and there's nothing that could possibly be done about it.

• below86 wrote:

The moron knew last January that it was going to be bad(Covid), but he kept saying it would go away.  And his followers believe anything that comes out of his mouth.  If he would have done his duty he would have been honest.  For god sakes he's on tape saying it, but I guess we should ignore that, like other facts.

As my grandpa used to say "you can't fix stupid".  And I would add "you can't argue with stupid".

Yeah but was it really stupidity, or (in my opinion) more likely selfish malice? After all, wasn't he caught on tape early in the year admitting the actual dangers, completely contradicting what he told the public?

• below86 wrote:

The moron knew last January that it was going to be bad(Covid), but he kept saying it would go away.  And his followers believe anything that comes out of his mouth.  If he would have done his duty he would have been honest.  For god sakes he's on tape saying it, but I guess we should ignore that, like other facts.

Sure. But then how about putting the blame back on China. They severely restricted travel internally when the breakout occurred in Wuhan.  Why didn't they also restrict international travel at the same time?  That would have helped contain the spread of the virus as well.  Again, there is enough blame to around, stop trying to blame one person.

• Can we stop the political discussions?

Both parties have plenty of problems and we shouldn't be discussing who's worse.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 15 posts - 65,341 through 65,355 (of 66,000 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply